Need some help--children URGENT

Thanks. Yes I was reading a bit on RAW but it seems to be really confusing to me. I haven't got that far yet...lol.

~Nikki~

It is pretty much just a mode to keep your shots in the camera's native language instead of converting it to JPG. Then you can make adjustments without loss of quality. The only big difference is that you have to have software that can read RAW files such as CS3 or Lightroom.

Then if you are over or underexposed a couple of stops, you can correct it.

It is pretty much just a mode to keep your shots in the camera's native language instead of converting it to JPG. Then you can make adjustments without loss of quality. The only big difference is that you have to have software that can read RAW files such as CS3 or Lightroom.

Then if you are over or underexposed a couple of stops, you can correct it.

Aaaa ok, I have photoscape although all that does is converts RAW to JPG.
So which one is the easiest to use? CS3 or Lightrooom, and most importantly, which one has a free version?

~Nikki~

One main tip - Let them be natural - don't follow them around with the camera, just take a few shots now and then.

Aaaa ok, I have photoscape although all that does is converts RAW to JPG.
So which one is the easiest to use? CS3 or Lightrooom, and most importantly, which one has a free version?

~Nikki~

CS3 and Lightroom both need to be bought...you could have a "free" one...but not exactly legally ;)

Thank you for the help guys, your awesome!...lol.
I know that with candid shots of only them playing, I will definitly have to use the 300MM because your right, with the 55MM you have to be close. I do want some close ups but I would rather get them with the 300MM as I will probably get more natural facial expressions that way. If I was to use the 55MM to get facial expressions, I would get the "oooo what is that thingy"? expression....lol. I was just fiddling with my camera today with different lighting and stuff, and I find that as long as I read my AEB and adjust accordingly, I can get good shots with the exposure ok. And I was testing it without any artificial light. I also found that if I took a picture of the kids' "play area" and as I said, read my AEB and adjusted accordingly, and turned my flash on, the picture became to bright, not over exposed just to bright in general. I think I will play around some more as I seem to be getting the hang of this. Thanks to your guys' help of course... =)

~Nikki~

I'm sorry but you have no chance at 300mm you will be at F5.6 i think, so you will have to be at about ISO6400 to get a fast enough speed

Nah it was a little lower then that, 3.something. It didnt work anyway because they were on the couch and I couldn't get far enough away. I didn't need to pose them tonight though as they did that all by themselves.
Here is one of the shots I got tonight (I got almost 200 in the span of an hour). I will get more tomorrow with better light though (the sunlight, thank god). Anyway C&C welcome.

IMG_0695cb.jpg

I'm sorry but you have no chance at 300mm you will be at F5.6 i think, so you will have to be at about ISO6400 to get a fast enough speed

really? .......... not using canon, are you? works just fine for me. hand held, no image stabilization.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back