Neutral Density Slide in filters

ghache

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I am looking to buy a 0.3 0.6 and 0.9 ND graduated filter set for landscapes and i was wondering what brand or set did you use?

any one had any problem with corner shading with a wide angle lens? because i heard this can happen using those filter and a wide angle lens.

when using them. should i get the exposure right and lock it before using the filter or should i mesure the exposure with the filter on?
any advise?

Thanks

any one had any problem with corner shading with a wide angle lens? because i heard this can happen using those filter and a wide angle lens.
It can happen when the filters aren't very large. For example, the Cokin A series are their smaller size, so they have a higher chance of vignetting than their P series, which are larger.

when using them. should i get the exposure right and lock it before using the filter or should i mesure the exposure with the filter on?
any advise?
If you are using the camera's built-in meter (any of the auto modes) then you don't have to set or lock the exposure before the filter. The meter reads the light TTL (through the lens) so it will automatically account for any filters that you put in front of it.

It can happen when the filters aren't very large. For example, the Cokin A series are their smaller size, so they have a higher chance of vignetting than their P series, which are larger.

any advise?
If you are using the camera's built-in meter (any of the auto modes) then you don't have to set or lock the exposure before the filter. The meter reads the light TTL (through the lens) so it will automatically account for any filters that you put in front of it.

Thanks president! hehehe

ill buy make sure tu buy large filters.

I use LEE holder and adapter ring.
I use Hitech GND filters in 4x5 size, very handy and great quality, LEE filters are great as well, SinghRay is so pricy but no brainer.

If you are just using ND filters, you don't need to buy square ones, round (screw in) filters will work just fine (although some may still cause vignetting on wide angle lenses.

However, if you are talking about graduated filters (ND or not), then you definitely want to go with the square type filters.

Most reactions

Back