New Camera Suggestion

pasty64

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm looking to upgrade from my point and shoot to something better but not sure if I really need a DSLR. I really would like something that takes a decent video as well so I can avoid buying to products ( Digi Cam and Camcorder). I'm looking in the extend zoom area, I've consider a few but haven't narrowed it down enough to make a purchase. I'm looking for advice of what to buy. I'd also like to get something that shoots avi files.

Any advice would be great. Thanks

They are both good cameras, flip a coin:

Heads - Get the Nikon
Tails - Get the Canon

Heads - Get the Nikon
Tails - Get the Canon
Disagree - If you want a point n shoot, definitely go with Canon. Canon point n shoot cameras are far superior than Nikon coolpix cameras. And I am a Nikon guy! Canon spends its R&D money on point n shoot cameras and it shows. Why do you think Canon is the world's number 1 camera manufacturer? They didn't get there by accident - nobody can dispute that!

I'd get the G11 if I were you.

Heads - Get the Nikon
Tails - Get the Canon
Disagree - If you want a point n shoot, definitely go with Canon. Canon point n shoot cameras are far superior than Nikon coolpix cameras. And I am a Nikon guy! Canon spends its R&D money on point n shoot cameras and it shows. Why do you think Canon is the world's number 1 camera manufacturer? They didn't get there by accident - nobody can dispute that!

I'd get the G11 if I were you.

im going to have to agree with you on that chip. canon makes phenomenal point and shoots. ive seen some VERY amazing photos taken with canon point and shoots. I too am a HUGE nikon guy but as far as point and shoots go canon all the way.

I have a Canon S5IS and it rocks.
The video on it with the stereo sound is pretty damn good. I've used it to capture racing/engine sounds and it more then certainly reproduces them as they sound in person.

I am one of Nikon user and i got a CL65 as sub camera. Nikon is knowable as you know. If you don't so much care about size and retail price, i would recommend camera CL65. It can be record with HD and it features with geo-tagging. It basically supports 5x zoom, so you can capture with it under wide view. check the quality. Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the help. I may forget about the video end of things and just buy a camcorder and a used DSLR or a new extend zoom.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back