New F100 - Around my Neighborhood

bhop

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I got my "new" F100 in the mail yesterday. Of course I had to test it, so I tossed in some batteries and a cheap roll of 200 speed film from the 99¢ store. The camera is in great shape, with all the caps and such. Everything works perfectly and the learning curve for it was barely anything due to the controls being very similar to my d70. I love the brightness of the viewfinder and the ergonomics, it just fits in my hand like it's meant to be there. I think i'm really going to like this thing..

Well, some results from the test roll below, and you can see a few more in my F100 flickr set. I'm not a huge fan of the color of the 99¢ store film.. but hey.. it was 99¢..

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bhop73/sets/72157607033803926/

But first, here's a little pic of the new baby.

very nice, hope you enjoy it.. i'd love one!! just can't afford it, well justify it at the moment.

Not bad pics considering the cheap film!.. i hope you asked the lady and her dog for a photoshoot, that dress in that surrounding looks like a match made in photographic heaven. lol.

Nice range of tones for harsh daylight.

What method did you use to get the F100's images digitized for uploading?

Nice range of tones for harsh daylight.

What method did you use to get the F100's images digitized for uploading?

-Take exposed roll to Rite-Aid photo lab (local drug store for those that don't know), 1 hr developing only, no prints. (only $2.75)
-Epson 4490 Photo scanner, scanned using Epson Scan professional mode, with 48 bit color setting at a lowly 1200dpi since i'm only uploading to web. It saves file size. Later, if I want to make a print, i'd re-scan at a higher resolution, 4800 has been fine for me since I don't print any bigger than 8.5x11. After it's scanned and in Photoshop, I convert it to 8 bits/channel. I've noticed a huge difference in quality if you scan in the lower setting, but if you convert it after the scan, it doesn't degrade the image enough to really be noticeable and it decreases the file size a lot..
-Resize, color correct, etc. in Photoshop, save as jpg, upload to flickr

That's pretty much it.

Black and white's a little different, but only in the developing stage since I do it myself. I finished a b/w Ilford HP5 roll today while at a friends house. I'm going to develop it here at home in a few minutes. I can't get them on the internet as quickly when I develop myself because of the drying time, so I usually wait till the next day for scanning.

-Take exposed roll to Rite-Aid photo lab (local drug store for those that don't know), 1 hr developing only, no prints. (only $2.75)
-Epson 4490 Photo scanner, scanned using Epson Scan professional mode, with 48 bit color setting at a lowly 1200dpi since i'm only uploading to web. It saves file size. Later, if I want to make a print, i'd re-scan at a higher resolution, 4800 has been fine for me since I don't print any bigger than 8.5x11. After it's scanned and in Photoshop, I convert it to 8 bits/channel. I've noticed a huge difference in quality if you scan in the lower setting, but if you convert it after the scan, it doesn't degrade the image enough to really be noticeable and it decreases the file size a lot..
-Resize, color correct, etc. in Photoshop, save as jpg, upload to flickr

That's pretty much it.

Black and white's a little different, but only in the developing stage since I do it myself. I finished a b/w Ilford HP5 roll today while at a friends house. I'm going to develop it here at home in a few minutes. I can't get them on the internet as quickly when I develop myself because of the drying time, so I usually wait till the next day for scanning.

Wow, your system works very well. :thumbup:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back