New from cali

nickbrion

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Whats up everyone. Im new to the forums so for those interested heres some quick info about me. I'm 23 & from southern california. Im currently pursuing a career in journalism & photography, right now I do freelance work for a few magazines as well as some businesses, but since I have no real formal training, I consider most of my work to be just self training in the art of photography. I shoot with a Nikon D200 and haven't quite found a niche that I want to focus on more than another. Im currently shooting a lot of actions sports, travel, urbex, and working more and more towards shooting documentary type work. Here's just a few recent pics from my portfolio, I try to get out and shoot at least 2-3 times a week so i'll be putting a lot of content up. Comment/criticism is always welcome!

Travel
3349918988_8f43289541_o.jpg

3038555833_499354d140_o.jpg

3608292608_1ce58cfba4_o.jpg

Action Sports:
3615118295_a5f2298303_o.jpg

3615939722_af044d9e5c_o.jpg

3615942834_45890e1a2b_o.jpg

3627048547_c2b767f89a_o.jpg

Urbex

3607480837_10e3b0f68a_o.jpg

3608282060_aa5b510040_o.jpg

3608275558_2fe6f4ac73_o.jpg

Welcome to TPF!

Nice work, seems like you've got quite a bit of experience. Couple of comments:
1) Where did you capture the 2nd picture from the bottom? The last picture is excellent.
2) Do you do any sort of photo editing?
3) What type of sports do you do? I'm interested in getting into sports, i.e. hockey, more organized sports (seems you have done some BMX work)

Welcome to TPF!

Nice work, seems like you've got quite a bit of experience. Couple of comments:
1) Where did you capture the 2nd picture from the bottom? The last picture is excellent.
2) Do you do any sort of photo editing?
3) What type of sports do you do? I'm interested in getting into sports, i.e. hockey, more organized sports (seems you have done some BMX work)

Thanks, the last two photos were taken at Linda Vista Hospital in LA. It's an abandoned facility that's sometimes used by hollywood production companies for movies. I showed up at the site a few weeks back expecting to have to climb through a broken window on one of the upper floors, but got lucky as a production company was using the bottom floor for filming that particular day. I threw my camera over my shoulder and did my best to blend in with the crew and managed to sneak into the upper floors that are closed off from everything including filming.

I do some editing of my photos in photoshop cs3, but I try my best to leave them as close to the original as possible.

As for sports, im pretty active in the off-road, motocross, and skate industries so that's been my main focus for the last year. I've stayed away from organized sports for the most part, but it seems like there's a lot of opportunity for work if you know what you're doing and have good networking skills.

Sounds like you've got some sort of direction already mapped out. I'd like to get into the skate industry as well, having done some work locally. Any suggestions for getting started?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back