New here, and a question?!

mikemcsw

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
HI All,

I just bought my first SLR in over 30 years. I used to enjoy photography, but got out of it, and now that I am nearing retirement, I figured I needed a new hobby, and thought I would like to get back into it. My camera back in my navy days was a Canon AE-1. And after researching for quite a bit, I finally just bought a new camera. I wanted to keep it under $500, but found the features i wanted couldn't be had for that price. I think I will be happy with my choice (i wanted good image quality but also wanted HD video) and I settled on the Sony A-33. Anyway, my question is definetely a newbie question, and I am sure I will have many stupid questions as i start to get into it....but for now...silly question #1

Can I use the same hoya filters i used to use on film cameras on the digital cameras. I mainly just wanted a filter for protection and bought one on ebay for $9 dlvd

HOYA FILTER ND[X4] 55MM NEW IN BOX

But i see many filters for close to $100 and even regular hoya filters for $30-$40 range. I don't want more than i don't need, just want to know if this $9 filter is ok?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back