New here

reallyoldguy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just found this forum and it looks interesting. Still finding my way around.

Took up photography a couple years back and progress has been slow. Take shots of about everything, some fair, many bad, but I enjoy the hobby. Using the same old D5100 I started with and its all I can handle.

I enjoy landscapes but the area around Ohio is not really that scenic. At least once a month I head out and spend the day on the road looking and shooting. Shoot mostly in Aperture and Shutter mode, never had much luck with Manual.

Once I'm comfortable here I'll have some questions. Got a lot to learn and being a slow learner I might never get done. Hope not, anyway.

John

Im new here myself, ive found the people here to be friendly and very helpfull. Welcome abourd.

Just found this forum and it looks interesting. Still finding my way around.

Took up photography a couple years back and progress has been slow. Take shots of about everything, some fair, many bad, but I enjoy the hobby. Using the same old D5100 I started with and its all I can handle.

I enjoy landscapes but the area around Ohio is not really that scenic. At least once a month I head out and spend the day on the road looking and shooting. Shoot mostly in Aperture and Shutter mode, never had much luck with Manual.

Once I'm comfortable here I'll have some questions. Got a lot to learn and being a slow learner I might never get done. Hope not, anyway.

John
Welcome, John. I'm still using my old D5100 too, except when I grab my much lighter Sony a6000. I also take shots of just about anything. That's why my signature is "I got no style," which I take to be a positive thing for me. And I also hope I never stop learning. I've learned a lot just sitting in the back row here and observing, but even more when putting photos up for comment. Looking forward to seeing your work.

Welcome to TPF.

All kinds of gear and experience levels here and they all have something we can learn from. Don't worry about learning speed. Just enjoy the process of it and you'll do just fine.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back