Eagle48

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
How's it going? I'm somewhat new to photography. I've always loved the art, and wanted to get deeper into it, but haven't had the opportunity until now. I recently accepted a job in Yellowstone this coming summer, and plan on doing alot of backcountry backpacking and photography while I'm there. I'm going to be buying a good quality camera for wildlife shots, and landscapes, and would love any information I could get. I'm open to brands, sizes, lens', suggestions, and anything else you can throw at me. Thanks.

Welcome! A dream job you have for sure! If you have never shopped for a camera before- I might suggest you invest in a few photography magazines or just stop by a bookstore and shuffle through them. There is a lot of valuable info in those magazines and they are forever reviewing most of the cameras, accesories, etc. When one catches your interest, you can read up on all the functions, lenses, etc. Once you kind of have a camera picked out, you will be able to see how many and what kind of lenses are available. The fellow forum members are a great resource as well for I have read many comments they have made on their choice of equipment, lenses, etc. Good luck with your summer job and good luck with your new photography adventures.

For your kind of photography, you could probably do very well with one of the ultrazoom cameras. Panasonic, Canon, and Kodak make some good ones. Make sure you get one with optical image stabilization, for those long telephoto shots.

Otherwise, you're talking about $1000 to start.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back