New Panasonic dSLR

I

Iron Flatline

Hi all.

I know the new 4/3rds open lens-mount system is only now finally getting the props that it deserves, esp. here in our extremely Canon/Nikon-centric community.

Olympus has really done a great job of leading this, and Leica together with Panasonic have also been supporting this mount. Especially the Leica lenses are extremely good, probably some of the best in the world.

With that in mind, I point you now to the newly announced Panasonic digital SLR. So the next time you're evaluating a new mid-market dSLR, take this one into consideration as well.

DP Review: Panasonic / Leica L10

I'm a big fan of Live View, because I like it for framing landscapes, architecture, and other tri-pod based images. It also has the dust-shker sensor that is so hot right now.

But I'm really a big fan of the Leica lenses.

Personally I always thought the Leica Digilux 3 was the way to go. It's a dSLR but quirkier than most (as are all things Leica) - I just hope the Digilux 4 won't look like this Panasonic L10.

now there's really nothing special about (aboot) it.

Looks interesting. I like the articualting screen on a DSLR...or at least I like the idea.

anything with the word leica on it...im there!

Looks interesting...

Live view, I can live without it but I don't think it's a terrible idea like so many seem to. Companies used to sell angle finders as expensive accessories for pro SLRs. Now they're going to come as part of the body... can't be such a bad thing.

More importantly for me the design details... Control dials on both back and front, as they always should be (by law if I had my way ;) ).

And of course... takes Leica and Olympus lenses! Oh yes, oh yes, oh yes. If this is a sensible price I would definitely consider it.

I really like the articulated view finder option. Surprised Nikon did not incorporate it into their two new releases since it was a feature on the Coolpix I use at work. Very handy for low and high angle shots. Beats having to fork out anotehr $100 or so for an angle viewfinder or one of those LCD attachemnt thingys. Props to Panasonic. Now if I can only sell a kidney to afford some Leica lenses. ;)

I just had a chance to play with it, and found it to be well thought out, but plasticy and sort of flimsy. It's an entry-level camera.

I'll keep my Olympus, but I'll certainly have some of their lenses :D
Anyone in the market for a kidney?

Most reactions

Back