(new to this world)Which camera should I buy? Thanks

Discussion in 'Photography Equipment & Products' started by superdog, Dec 13, 2007.

1. superdog

superdog TPF Noob!

Hi there.
    Right now I'm in the market for a new camera (for up to 300 euros).After researching a lot I found the new Sony DSC H3B which I thought was a good new camera.

But then I found for the same price the Canon Powershot S3 IS. Now the Canon has (for me) that photographers feel that the Sony hasn't, but the Sony is a new product ( the Canon is 1.5 years old I believe). So whats the best? and why? Are there any other good ones? Thanks for helping.

2. usayit

usayit No longer a newbie, moving up!

North New Jersey, United States of America
    Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    I'm a bit biased towards the Canon in this comparison but as you said it is kinda getting old in terms of technology. Technology in digital cams moves quick and generally it pays off to buy the newest stuff.

Just looking a specs (and nothing else) the Canon has more zoom and a faster lens (wider max aperture). Sony has higher ISO capabilities and more pixels. If those were my only choices and the Sony's shutter lag isn't too bad, I'd probably choose the Sony. BUT i'm no fan of that darn memory stick....

3. kundalini

kundalini Been spending a lot of time on here!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Welcome to TPF superdog.