Raimios

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
raimios.kuvat.fi
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi all!

Because I did a little bit wrong ”about me” post, and asked to tell something about myself…so here comes:
I started my “photography life” late 60´s/early 70’s. My first real camera was Exakta and I used it few years. After that I moved to Nikon (F) and Minolta (SR-1). Mostly used Nikon(s) till the Autofocus era and then moved Minolta.
Also I have had Olympus (two OM2), and bigger ones (Plaubel, Mamiya)
Today I use Sony (A100, A700 and soon A900) mostly with old good Minolta lenses.
One more “photographical hobby is collecting old cameras, I have some 200 of them.
OK…enough for equipments
Sometimes at late 70’s and early 80’s I have had some exhibitions, mostly in Finland, but some in different countries around Europe (Hungary, Switzerland, Portugal …) Black and white pictures and mostly street photos and cityscapes.
At early 80’s I wrote to biggest Finnish photomagazine (Kameralehti). I was one of their editor few years and mostly wrote about technique (Films, Chemicals, darkroom), and made some camera and lens tests and few articles about history of photography.
Then there were few years long “pause”, coz my daily work changes and I hadn’t enough free time for my hobbies. I´m IT Infrastructure architect and working in pretty big international company.
Now I’m ready to retired and I have a lot of time for photography, so I’m re-starting it…
What more?
Hummm… I don’t have any “idols”, but I like most Irving Penn, Robert Frank, Ikko Narahara, Lee Friedlander, some of Cartier-Bresson´s works.
Best photography books for me are “The Family of Man", "Worlds in small room" (Penn), "The Americans" (Frank) and of course "The History of Photography" (Pollock)…
Today I’m just finding colors and sometimes mess badly with them, so be patient with me…
Anyway, it’s nice to be here!

Tervetuloa! (I googled it!)

Welcome aboard, fellow collector and photographer. I too collect older cameras, had over 600 at some point in time. What type of Exakta do you have?

@Mitica100
I have Kine Exakta v4 with Meyer Görlitz Trioplan 2.8/50 ...but I started with Varex VX V5

Hello Raimios, and welcome to the forum. Thanks for the great intro too.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back