New Website

ksm

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.ksmdigitalphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have been shooting photographs for a couple of years now. Definately no professional here but a pretty good hobby that I love.

I have been approached before to sell prints of some of my photos which I have, so I figured I'd try making a webpage to display them mostly, and if someone likes anything the have the option of ordering a print.

http://www.ksmdigitalphotography.com

I made the webpage myself. Nothing fancy, but just wanted to see how this would work. Appreciate any feedback from you veterans and pros. Feedback both on my photos and website are welcome.

Thank you,
KSM

http://www.ksmdigitalphotography.com

Your photo are nice enough if someone wants to buy them god for you they look like anyone's vacaton photos to me. In fact I think my Brother-in-law took identical ones that you did in Greece.

Not sure what you are using to create your HTML, But that is very messy HTML. I am not saying your page is messy, but your code is.
As well I think your header should be smaller, I should not have to scroll to see everything on your home page.

1) Love, love, love the light house photo with the shining beacon.

2) I would design a logo to add to your web site. It will make your business/hobby more professional.

3) The wording on your home page about the commercial sales is worded weird and you have offerings spelled incorrectly.

Try this, "Photos on this site are for sale for personal enjoyment only. Please contact KMS Digital for commercial licenses."

HTH

I appreciate all the coments and honesty. This is really not a business just showing off my hobby, if I make a couple bucks great, if not I do have a day job and I do plan on keeping it.

I don't have all my photos on there, first I want to see what kind of traffic I can get and how much protection I have from photo theft.

For the html comment I have no clue about html. I used "Google Page Creator" What you see is what you get editor. Very limited options and basic website building.

Crystal thank you for the kind suggestions I appreciate them. I was really tired by the time I got the site published and you are right, that part is confusing and my spelling obviously sucks. I'll have to get on that and correct it as soon as I get some time from that other job I mentioned.

I'll keep adding photos and hopefully I'll just get more experience through this first attempt at publishing.

I couldn't see your name anywhere on the site. Maybe it is there and I just didn't see it. That gave it a bit of a faceless feel. The use of the word 'Product' for the sales page reinforced the disconnected, faceless feeling.

Best,
Helen

Thanks for the suggestions Helen,

I have quite a bit of improvements that I should make, but having hard time dividing my time.

Keep em comming making a list here

Thank you

Most reactions

Back