New Wedding & Storybook Suggestions

RainNotebook

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So yesterday I was having lunch with my mother and I heard our waitress talk to the patrons next to us and she told him that she is getting married next month. My ears instantly perked up. I grabed a business card and when she comes back to our table, I introduced myself and explained my services.

She told me that she didn't have a photographer yet and had been interviewing them. I explained a little more and we made phone call appointment for Tuesday for us to go over more. She sounds very interested in using me.

I found out that she is getting married in a small church and then having the reception indoors a restaurant.

I have never shot an indoor wedding yet and I was hoping for suggestions. I know that flash is frowned upon during a ceremony but what about afterwards? I'll find out a little more when I talk to her tomorrow but I'm hoping for suggestions right now... whats the best recommendation for this situation?

Also she made a request for the story book type print books and I was hoping for recommendation there? I have not yet taken a look at vendors and was curious which companies you used. Something she said was that she is trying to be cost effective here.

Thanks for all your help

Someone made a nice list of Album companies in THIS thread

Thanks Big Mike I am looking into it.

I never got a response to the other question though and wanted to bump this thread because I definitely go the job! (Whoo Hoo)

But I also want to ask what kind of bounce flash would work with my Digital Rebel EOS XT I also have a speedlite 380ex. I'm willing to upgrade on my flash for this wedding and hope for suggestions.

When Shooting in a low lit church bump your ISO, open the apperature and reduce shutter speed (not so much that motion blurs). Don't forget to set you white balance correctly. I always ask to attend the rehearsal which give me a chance to play with the lighting conditions as well as get a feel for the ceremony.

Most reactions

Back