Newbie Alert

Just me

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
So glad to have found this forum. Have always enjoyed photography but my experience was limited to basic (very basic) "point and shoot" cameras. Recently purchased a Nikon D3100 and am somewhat alarmed to discover it is WAY smarter than I am.
Soooo am embarrassed to confess that I'm still using it as a "point and shoot". Would like to learn (in "normal speak") and one step at a time, about how to use this baby to it's fullest potential.I'm reading everything I can on this forum and have already learned a lot. I'm pleased to be here.

It is a very good p&s camera ! :allteeth:
Welcome to TPF. Have a speedy learning curve ! Guys here will help.

Sorry to tell you that we have our quota of newbies so we will have to kick someone off to let you in.

Wait!

Sorry, I was wrong.
You have the very last spot. :abnormal:

Sorry to tell you that we have our quota of newbies so we will have to kick someone off to let you in.

Wait!

Sorry, I was wrong.
You are impossible !!

Welcome to the forum, as Brutus once said to Caesar. Great place to learn.

Oh, Lew (The Traveller) is already up a few levels. Past second floor for sure. If not yet on the roof, then at least he's in the attic.:icon_biggrin:

Wait!

Sorry, I was wrong.
Orrr, they could just bump you up a level and I could take your spot! :1219: LOL

They're just looking for a reason to kick me out entirely.
If I get just one more mod pregnant and I'm gone.

Wait!

Sorry, I was wrong.
Orrr, they could just bump you up a level and I could take your spot! :1219: LOL

They're just looking for a reason to kick me out entirely.
If I get just one more mod pregnant and I'm gone.
Will you stop?! I just snorted coffee all over the top of my desk?!:05.18-flustered:

Hello and welcome to the site...

OK, now that the welcomes are done, we're on to the next step, the newbie initiation. Lew has volunteered for the position, ably assisted by Mishele (or is it the other way around? I kinda forget). You will be informed in due course what is expected of you. :bek113:

Most reactions

Back