Newbie landscape problems.

Scurra

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
A couple of days ago I picked up a second hand Canon EOS 500N with a 28-80mm lens.

I've been happily snapping away in macro and portrait modes with no problems, however today I went out to try and grab a few landscape shots and found that in both autofocus and manual focus modes the camera didn't want to take the photo. Instead the shutters closed and stayed closed and the warning that according to the manual means that the pop up flash has been obstructed went off. I tried repeatedly ensuring that the flash was totally capable of opening even though it shouldn't have to but to no avail.

Can anyone shed any light on this problem? I'm using ISO 200 film atm as well if that makes any difference.

I'm slightly perplexed.

The batteries are brand new, bought them with the camera.

Well, your camera has no idea what your subject is. Is it continuing to behave this way? Sounds like a malfunction to me.

Hmm it's going back to the shop tomorrow then, got 3 years cover on it so should be ok!

Is it a canon lens? I had an issue with an older sigma lens on my Elan. It would work with the f-stop wide open but if I stopped it down the least little bit, it would lock up just as you describe.

If it is a new lens that is definatley compatible with your camera, it could very well be that the metal contacts between the camera and the lens need to be cleaned.

Steve
Steve

Problem solved. I went back to the shop and said I wasn't happy so they gave me a shiny new EOS 3000V replacement.

Hurrah!

Thanks for the help and I hope to post some pics in the galleries soon :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back