NEWBIE: random photos.

How can you "think" artistically when you have no clue what art really is?

Indeed. I can relate to this musically as well being a musician. Art is what the individual perceives as art. There are no rules concerning art, weather it be photography, music, painting, dance, whatever.

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Michael

I know a lot of people may not like some of the things I shoot but there is a reason I take every shot that I take. :sexywink:

Hey Amber =]
Can other newbies, post their random photo's in this thread as well??

YES! Post anything you want in here! :) i would like see what other people's work. please though, share your information about what camera and lens you used.:thumbup:

YES! Post anything you want in here! :) i would like see what other people's work. please though, share your information about what camera and lens you used.:thumbup:
Okay.
This is the thread I just started for myself if you wana check out my photos.

JAYC07, i was already check your thread out before i see you posted the link in here.
p.s sorry i messed this post up on accident so i fixed it. lol

Last edited:
what book would you recommended for a person who has severe ADD and is more of a hands on kinda person then a reading person for a Nikon D40? i was gonna pick up the DUMMIES book but its more just like an manual of the D40 instead of good beginners book.
p.s i forgive you for being a JERK:hug::
I wouldn't suggest a book I'd suggest utube.

Listen, i am NEW to this all. I don't know about angles or anything else that has to do with photography BUT one thing i do know is, i search for the right forum that I felt most comfortable. i have been reading ALOT of thread within the last few weeks on this site and when i seen the description for the "beginners" i then felt like i could learn alot. i have maybe 4 posts after this one here and i feel like i wanna keep it that way. I never asked for C&C i just said "RANDOM PICTURES" "PLEASE feel free to throw some pointers" not scare me away.
Also i never once said that i was a "professional" even a blind person would agree.
P.S IM A FEMALE for those who keep call me a "he" lol :sexywink::lol:
Well i apologize for being a bit hostile, the photos showed that you did try and do something with them so +1 to that, the DOF looks like it was practiced on, and it also seems like you tried to play with angles. I suggest you get yourself a photography book, so you really learn theins and outs of a d40 and so you can use it to take much better photos.

As for not being artistic, you do not know how many pictures you can take that look decent and you improve on your style by going to the woods.

What book would you recommended for a person who has severe ADD and is more of a hands on kinda person then a reading person for a Nikon D40? i was gonna pick up the DUMMIES book but its more just like a manual of the D40 instead of good beginners book.

Last edited:
JAYC07, i was already check your thread out before i see you posted the link in here.
p.s sorry i messed this post up on accident so i fixed it. lol
ohhh...okay. cool
that's okay about messing up your post.

what book would you recommended for a person who has severe ADD and is more of a hands on kinda person then a reading person for a Nikon D40? i was gonna pick up the DUMMIES book but its more just like an manual of the D40 instead of good beginners book.
I wouldn't suggest a book I'd suggest utube.

Actually, i watched some youtube videos last night and that is how i took the photos i took tonight. I wish i just had more ambition to wanna take more photos. :meh: I was hoping that i could get some by signing up for this forum BUT so far we are off to a bad start lol:playball:

Ambition comes from within.

Talent can't be taught.

Skills can be learned.

Rules can be followed.

Have fun with your camera.

couldn't agree more myself.:thumbup:

Well I'm really not going to get into my history but i never had the chance to find a talent of mine and i don't know how to be artistic. I am now 24 and trying to find it. The best way to describe what is going on, is that i am numb. Some people can look and a flower and they can feel its beauty as to when i look at a flower all i see is just a flower.:meh:
How can you "think" artistically when you have no clue what art really is?

Will say that in your own defense that a prior post DOES indicated you know when you see things from an artistic standpoint.
I love taking photos.I kinda get discouraged though when see what kind of pictures my friends take<snip>
You just admitted seeing the types of things you LIKE in those photos! :)

It is daunting to come to a site like this and see how REALLY GOOD a lot of folks are. But some of that had taken them years of learning pretty much in the same manner as you, hand's on approach. You could read yourself into a coma every night, but until you get out and start trying to put those ideas into practice then you only know the theory & science of photography. I say both theory and science because there is a TON of science involved, but you might be able to improve more rapidly understanding the theory behind why a shot will look a certain way through your camera despite the science. (grins)

And... am like you, am shooting to first discover what my equipment is like so when I do try to be artistic and spend beau-coups of time to compose shots (after driving whatever distances) then know what to expect out of my lenses and bodies.

Keep on shooting!

When I see pics like this, I don't know what to think. They look like you did exactly as you said, picked up the camera and took some snapshots.

I guess what I mean, is why don't you go try to take some pictures thinking artistically. Put some thought into WHAT you are shooting, and WHY. Then come back and ask for C&C.

Really?
How about you go pull your head from your a$$ and then come back and try to not sound like a Dbag, in the Beginners section.

Geez, who do you think you are? :lmao:

Most reactions

Back