newbie seeking advice please

can i just point out to you guys who clearly dont use a tablet here-in how hard writing or typing anymore than one sentence is on this forum i should point out that i do not have any such problems with my own or any other forums in this way other than here, whomever noted i had tried to sort it was dead right i had up and untill i noted some of the childish, over reactive sheer bullying posts god only knows how you have any members at all its beyond me to say the least, in most others im involved with they try to help and certainly do not bully, and generally make the poster feel unwelcome as they do here it takes a bi man to bully someone through a keyboard barring a few comments (which i have personally thanked) there is nothing but garish rubbish i truly hope your proud of yourselves each and everyone of you well done hope your proud never sit a minute and wonder why ? it was as it was no obviously not, i am happy to converse further with the odd sensible poster the others i simply have no inclination to have anything to do with so go take your mafia, laughable childish and frankly waste of everyones time, energy and time to read replies and type them to someone who wants to read them coz this sucker dont ...... capish ...
Now, exactly WHAT does using a tablet have to do with anything? You've been condescending to our members because we took notice of your incomprehensible writings. We're always helping new members with advice, comments, critiques, etc. You're just plain insulting. And no one cares if you're a bi man. No ones orientation has been questioned or ridiculed.

I suggest you have a nice relaxing beer or 3, surf our forums, meet some of the great people here, and try all this again.

Edit: Posted from my tablet!

2011-12-06_19-02-39_694.jpg

Gotta love a good troll. :thumbup:

can i just point out to you guys who clearly dont use a tablet here-in how hard writing or typing anymore than one sentence is on this forum i should point out that i do not have any such problems with my own or any other forums in this way other than here, whomever noted i had tried to sort it was dead right i had up and untill i noted some of the childish, over reactive sheer bullying posts god only knows how you have any members at all its beyond me to say the least, in most others im involved with they try to help and certainly do not bully, and generally make the poster feel unwelcome as they do here it takes a bi man to bully someone through a keyboard barring a few comments (which i have personally thanked) there is nothing but garish rubbish i truly hope your proud of yourselves each and everyone of you well done hope your proud never sit a minute and wonder why ? it was as it was no obviously not, i am happy to converse further with the odd sensible poster the others i simply have no inclination to have anything to do with so go take your mafia, laughable childish and frankly waste of everyones time, energy and time to read replies and type them to someone who wants to read them coz this sucker dont ...... capish ...

You have got to be kidding...

you really are as described throughout the net basically a bunch of up there own ass idiots right enough i have tried several times to explain but nobody wants to listen the part you cleverly edited to read bi man was clearly supposed to read big man as well you know, dont try to treat everyone you meet who possibly doesnt know as much as you as the dumb one, the treatment i have received from the start has been nothing short of condesending and you know it? whether you can use a tablet here or not is neither here nor there i have had problems using my Ipad from the start end of there is no arguement given that unless your in my house how can you possibly see or know what difficulties im having anything! fact you cant.Not that i need to but i shall again explain what happened here and note you guys can refer to me as you ish, pot all sorts of crap but i cant defend myself again i say keyboard warriors, BIG men because your behindva keyboard very brave NOT i attempted to redo my original post to attempt to make it slightly more readable readable when i realised what had happened but aftervreading the juvenile postings i was getting i thought why bother ? then and only after great thought i asked the Admins and Mods to remove my account quoting my reasons which has also been ignored all i can add is its widely known how newbies are treated here-in and its disvusting and by the way if you cant take it dont give it, i genuinely came here seeking information on a subject i knew little to nothing about, i did not, i repeat did not come here to be made a fool off, discraced, slandered or otherwise abused i may not know about camera equipment but i do know about the backgroud workings of forums etc younlotba wholly a discrace to forums in general and help forums particularily, to even think i would to look through an information you may or may not have now only proves how deluded you in reality are maybe it might be better to read the entire thread before piping up more crap to fuel an already unessesary fire wholly 100% caused by several of your ignorant users no ifs no buts thats how it went down you should be ashamed of yourselves everyone of you.I for the love of me cant see what i did to deserve the barrage of crap i obtained bar possibly not punctuating a post particulaily well so what, big deal shot me dead right now what a crime, and yeah maybe it was a bit long (am i to take i you cant read more than one paragraph them?) it is after all called "welcomes and introductions" and i introduced myself, my problem, added a bit of background to help anyone reading so they knew how to best advise me and thats exactly what i did, knowhere does itt state create an welcome and introduction thread in x words does it? but as i say upon then doing a bit of digging its NOT uncommon to be treated like that here-in is it? Maybe instead of barraging me with critisims they want to be lookin closer to home the issue was neither started by now continued by myself all ive done is answer in the same vain as any replies ive received but i have to say i still dont have an answer to my original question bloodhounds roaming your boards looking for their next victim and it seems i was it take a big round of applause then for managing to make sure another user doesnt use you very clever not ...

i should add that again the above post was paragraphed and set out correctly yet it shows as all one paragraph there is a fault in your forum or my Ipad except i am on several forums and i run my own and it doesnt happen anywhere else i have checked all i can maybe the forum should chek their end as i cant find any fault.i will of course graciously accept your humble appoligy when that fault is found, it still wont excuse your members behaviour, the inability or unwillingness of whomever is behind this gang of wolves to control them but at least it might explain why my first post that for god knows what reason offended a mere few that led to all this in the firstplace.

WOW. Yep. The guys edited your post to say bi man. Dude, you posted it. I honestly did NOT know it was supposed to say big man. It reads exactly as it is written. Now you might just want to back the hell off.
The bottom line is if you want help-learn to use spell check and type in SOME form of sentence. We are not here to decode and guess what you MEANT to type. We can't read your mind and frankly don't want to. There are far more people that need help than just you. If we have to decode what you meant to say-you aren't getting help. That's the bottom line. It's not a rude or nasty statement-it's just how it is.

I have only so much time in between processing and working to give. If I have to spend a half hour decoding what you meant to say, only to HOPE I get it right-I am skipping it and going on to someone else who has the common courtesy to type things in a readable form.

This is FREE help. You get out of it what you put into it. Garbage in=Garbage out. We don't have to give you a damn thing. There is nothing here that says we have to help anyone-we do that because we WANT to and we give A HELL OF A LOT. People get paid damn good money to do what the pros in the forums do. We do it here as a means of giving to someone back.
No one here or in any other forum owes you a damn thing and if you demand that we get over it and deal with your hard as hell to read writing because you are too lazy to use a little punctuation and spell check? Well, that's getting you exactly what you are getting.

Get over the imagined handicaps you are throwing up. I type on a crappy droidX phone and on a tablet and often on a really crappy keyboard. I can still make a basic sentence, use spell check and put together a reasonably readable paragraph. I have some MAJOR disabilities. You certainly don't see me whining that because of it the people here have to be nice to me and deal with my dyslexic crap. It's a cop out. I have the tools at my fingertips to overcome my disabilities-instead of being lazy and expecting everyone else to deal with it while I whine "POOOOR MEEE." In fact I am pretty sure that no one here even knows I have any disabilities. GET OVER YOURSELF.

Now you even pissed off the Den Mother.

i should add that again the above post was paragraphed and set out correctly yet it shows as all one paragraph there is a fault in your forum or my Ipad except i am on several forums and i run my own and it doesnt happen anywhere else i have checked all i can maybe the forum should chek their end as i cant find any fault.i will of course graciously accept your humble appoligy when that fault is found, it still wont excuse your members behaviour, the inability or unwillingness of whomever is behind this gang of wolves to control them but at least it might explain why my first post that for god knows what reason offended a mere few that led to all this in the firstplace.
Use a flucking period and a capital letter. It's a dead giveaway for a new sentence.

Funny how your first post has some paragraph breaks but now you can't seem to insert them.

Huh. Wow.
As someone who has no use for Twitter because I can't even say "Hello" in 140 characters, I sympathize with your need to give as much detail as possible.
Unfortunately, as someone with one great big whopping case of Adult ADD, I can't make myself focus long enough to get through even your initial tome, never mind the ones that followed.

But I think I've got the gist of things: You want advice about a really nice, but not too advanced or difficult, camera. You have some health issues that will affect your camera-buying decision. You are beyond annoyed at the fact that long-time forum members are pointing out how annoying your long-winded posts are, and so you are now basically just going to assume we're all a bunch of flaming a-holes. Also, your school did not provide punctuation instruction.

And you don't know how to indent or start new paragraphs.

Okay...FIRST. Get a Canon Powershot. Seriously; almost any model, but the best one you can afford. They are awesome little cameras and will serve you well.

SECOND. My daddy was an Irishman. He was also one of the most welcoming, inviting, friendly people I ever met. I only ever met 2 people that my father refused to invite warmly into his home, and they were bad, bad people.
What does that have to do with ANYthing in this thread? I try to emulate my dad, in being open and welcoming and friendly to people--I'd like to welcome YOU, too.
But dude, LAY OFF my twisted little TPF family. :lol:

If it is a software issue that is somehow deleting your punctuation, making all of your text lowercase, misspelling your words, and preventing you from using the enter key to start a new paragraph, I will be the first one to apologize.

Heck, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. You seem to have the craziest virus ever and I am sorry for second guessing you.

Again, I offer my sincere, and very humble, apology.

Last edited:
MLeeK said:
Use a flucking period and a capital letter. It's a dead giveaway for a new sentence.

Funny how your first post has some paragraph breaks but now you can't seem to insert them.

MLeeK - I am SHOCKED!! :)

Mleek - cant see why your getting pissed man nowt and i mean nowt was directed at you. and knowhere have i ever said or implied im looking for symphathy due to any implied or actual illnesses, i ONLY imputted the information to get the best advice possible in the circumstances what part of that can the guys not understand? i did it for no other reason (fullstop, capital letter, end para)I have NEVER explicitly directed anything at the "entire" community if your refering to my use of "guys" as against being specific then thats just me, it is not intended to me ALL or any i obviously can just manage to understand that NOT all apples are bad that goes without saying, are any of you honestly trying to say i should not defend my corner for doing what i thought was right, in supplying the right amount of info to get a reasonably reasoned answer? (fullstop, capital letter, end para) I have checked, double checked and treble checked and can find NOTHING wrong have the creators of this site actually even bothered to look to see if anything is or could be causing this as as mad as it sounds issue? i doubt it hell they cant even be bothered to moderate? at least the ringleasers seem to of dispensed their venom and moved on thats something i thank them for at least and we are slowly finally getting somewhere at long last. (fullstop, capital letter, end para) Kerbouchard - Many thanks i had surveyed the Canon Sureshot range but felt they were just yet another pocket camera, we fiddly buttons and settings the one thing i was unable really to have if possible viewing these as a pocket camera only or am i possibly missing something there too? but i will as a matter of course look at them again ...

Without a word of a lie, i inserted the (fullstop, capital letter, end para) not to take the mince out of you but to show where i am indeed putting the correct punctuation, admittedly its never been my strong point but its simply not doing what im asking it to? there was four lines i.e. hit return four times between paragraphs to make a point and still it comes up all as one yet strangely only on this forum, no matter what your preconceptions are or are not about me i am in othet fields a seasoned well used to forum life user and creator i seriously do not have this issue anywhere else on the net other than here ??

TPF uses vBulletin 4, as do many other forums. Your problem is not a known issue, as far as I have seen. It is likely an issue on your end.

Denny - many thanks interesting so does many others and i dont have this issue im not totally computer non savvy i do operate my own UK forums but have to say not on VBulletin i didnt quite understand that one sadly, i am however going to get my Ipad checked by a proffessional or possibly do a reset to totally exclude my equipment, having just recently moved my home is still partially upside down hence i am currently unable to get to my desktop but as soon as i can i shall try on it also as im truly convinced the problem lies between here and this forum, however its hopefully not my Ipad as its a very expensive handy piece of equipment that i only days ago was enquiring why we cant get any internet security for? lets hope it hasnt picked up a virus as someone above had suggested but i can see nothing wrong this end all very strange all the same.

Most reactions

Back