Newbie: Want to learn tricks and hints.

cbay

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.desigzgallery.com
Hey! I purchased a FujiFilm S7000 for my first professional camera the other day and i am intrested in getting to know some hints and techiques of how to get the best picture. I am 16 and i want to perhaps go in to photography when i leave full time education which is about 3 months or so. I understand it will be a hard experience to start with to begin and get good, but i believe it will be worth it in the long run...

So anybody want to share websites that are good, or know of courses at night or anything like that please let me know.

Learn what the aperture and shutter controls do to start. Take a lot of photos without using the full automatic exposure modes (use aperture priority, shutter priority, or full manual).

You can learn a lot here on this forum (start at the FAQ thread at the top), and there are lot's of decent websites out there.

I don,t know if you can change lenses or not with your new cam,or can afford it,but a
28 wide angle,a standard and maybe a 70 -200 zoom will cover most situations.
Filters might include, uv on your lenses and then maybe[I use Cokin],a polariser,
graduated filters and neutral density.Tripod and cable release is handy. you can get all this second hand, take someone with you if your not sure of what nyou are looking at.
Sounds like a lot but with this basic set-up you can take a lot of various images.
Also just read mags and books,[library],anyway all the best.

hey, im 16 myself and have come along way to photography from this forum, so mate, id suggest stay here and try to learn something from everyone here.
Then, when you finish full time, go to college and take a photography course, and take one outside...and just play with your cam...thats your best bet! :D

Artemis said:
hey, im 16 myself and have come along way to photography from this forum, so mate, id suggest stay here and try to learn something from everyone here.
Then, when you finish full time, go to college and take a photography course, and take one outside...and just play with your cam...thats your best bet! :D

i'm 16 too. i think if you take a LOAD of pics and post them on here, and read what other people say about yours and other photos, you will learn alot. plus read the FAQ in the general photography q/a section. really helpful.

Hey! I'm 16! Okay...

Yeah just get out and shoot. I like teaching myself things, but maybe you're not so inclined so check out the local community college.

that depends on what kind of subjects do you intrested in
e.g. Landscapes, Wildwife, People etc.

The first thing you have to do, poperly is to try more different subjects, and you will start to know what do you intrested, after that, keeping going on that feild.

i knew most people on here were younger that other photo forums i go on, but its more than i thought- i'm 15. a good site is www.dcviews.com follow the links to tutorials. they are kinda basic but simple to understand when your just learning. Anythnig you dont understand ask- thats wehat htis forum is for. If you have a question you think would be pretty common you can just search the forums.

Art Tesian- the S7000 isnt a DSLR. Wdie angle lenses and tele converters are still available though

The best way to learn is to go shoot. I have never been to a photography class and self learnt everything i know. Ive had some really good comments on a few of my photos. I think it takes a while to realise that you dont get gems that often- out of every 100 shots i have somethnig i REALLY like. except in skating- i usually get a real good shot out of 3, but ive been doing that longer than anythnig else.

[EDIT] As said before take the itme to shoot a lot of different kinds of photography. I didnt do this for a while and ended up thinknig photography was pretty boring because i wasnt really happy with any results id had. But then i did some experimenting and got some good results that i was happy with
The fujis are great cameras
Enjoy yourt photog'in

thebeginning said:
dude, there are more 16 year olds here than i thought. what are you guyses names?
I'm daniel btw...

Okay thats just freaky...Im Daniel too...although please call me Dan

Hey, what a coincidence! I'm also 16 :biglaugh:

Well, if you want to become a paparazzi... that's another story! For a paparazzi I would say you only need a very good equipment (tele lenses and a reliable body... that you can just use on program modes... who cares!), a lot of patience and, yep, no shame at all, as Hertz van Rental says. And don't forget to forget all about ethics :eyebrows:

Well, I'll jump on the band-wagon too, I'm 15. Don't have a ton of advice exept that taking lots of pictures and a class have really helped me. And as far a paparazzi maybe you should move to where the stars are..
Noah

P.S. Where do y'all get the money for the crazy equitment.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back