Newborn C&C

Nikkor

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Caroline Isabella - 5 days old
C&C.
I normally don't do text, but this was at the request of the mother.

3700671423_0f7d01d31c_b.jpg

3701485278_57531c29db_b.jpg

3701487602_e57a0ecbdb_b.jpg

Last edited:
Look alive everybody!

Last edited:
More to come. I'm shooting twins soon so your C&C is much needed now.

Caroline Isabella - 5 days old
C&C.
I normally don't do text, but this was at the request of the mother.

3701485278_57531c29db_b.jpg

Nice shot, WeddingPhotographer! Very cute. I'm not quite sure if the text is technically accurate, but uh, it is a wonderful sentiment! Newborns are so,so cute! I like this photo the most because the background is good for a text superimposition,and the lighting gives a good sense of three-dimensionality.

Thanks, haha, yeah she wanted me to write that. So of course I did, but I didn't think it was all that accurate either. haha.

Come on y'all! You can be brutal!

Come on y'all! You can be brutal!
FINE!!!!!!:lmao:

looks undexposed. background window blinds looks cheese and you go to much distacrtion b/n the window and the forground. If you ever read any of my CCs, 99.9% of the time, i say use a flash. I'm not saying it b/c its easier, truth is using flash correctly is much more difficult then yanking it onto the camera, turning it on and snaping away. Thus brings me to my next point (If I haven't said it 1000x before) learn lighting. It'll improve your skill and will take your photography to the next level. The better your images will be DURING the shoot, the less time you'll send in PP. Its nice when you start out - very exciting, BUT bangout 2-3 weedings a week, few yrs later you'll want to spend LESS time in PP and more time resting :D

#2 You mentioned that lettering was requested - can't argue with client's insanity. Overall , I love the theme. For kidies, at least I did a lot with mine - love black and white on black background - Its just my person thing. Though I haven't had a chance to process them all, about 2 months behind on my personal images, it's something I'll get to one day OR when I'll be ready to print them - I'll have to process them then.

, the focus of your image - foot, is very soft. I don't know what f/stop you shot it at but for the future, 4.5 will give you enough shallow enough dof for such composition and at same time will be sharp enough. Keep in mind that sharpest apertures are about 2-3 stops from widest.

Good Luck

I couldnt' use a flash with this baby, she had a newborn skin condition and I wasn't allowed to have anything on her. So i had to work with what I had. I used a 'baby lamp' that she had in her room for a few of the shots, but that was about all I had.

hhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, ok....
How about turn the flash head away facing rear of the camera - send majority of the light further back but some will (hopefully spill) on the front?
Or yanking one on TTL cord, facing towards a wall at full power and bouncing it that way - not the best thing in terms of lighting but does give you that extra light in the image.
Do you know which condition it is/was?

Again I am in totally agreement with IgsEMT. The lighting is off.

I see you are trying to do this by a window, which is a good idea.

But the problem is, imo, is that you aren't going for exposing the baby, you are exposing for the overall scene. Me thinks it looks like Auto, which is automatically a not good thing.

Do you shoot manual? Granted manual is harder at first, but once you get the hang of it, it's a really cool thing.

Anyhoo, there is something weird about the light.....

I've been shooting for a long time. I have never used Automatic. I shoot competely manual. Nothing is automatic. And if you'll notice, the post before this I couldn't use a flash due to a skin condition at the request of the mother. So I had to work with what I had. There was one lamp that the mother let me use for a short amount of time and that's what was used in the shot with the rings. Other than that I had to use whatever was coming in the room.

Also, due to the lighting all over the house, I couldn't move the child from the one bedroom so we had a very small area to work with.

I wouldn't have used a flash, maybe open the windows and let some natural light in instead of facing the camera towards the window, kwim? The baby has absolutely no light in her eyes, which is a dead photo. I don't like the flashy look of the toe shot either, and the last toe shot does appear a little out of focus.

Have you tried them in B&W? For some reason I love baby photos in B&W.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back