newto photography ?

benrock

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
i just got a canon 50d with a 17- 85 is lens , but i want to do sports and movment pics from a distant , whats a good lens for this , for example shooting football from the sidelines , a need a good zoom with good focus , thanks guys

i just got a canon 50d with a 17- 85 is lens , but i want to do sports and movment pics from a distant , whats a good lens for this , for example shooting football from the sidelines , a need a good zoom with good focus , thanks guys

Budget to work with would be good to know, as the answer could be from $900 to $2,000 or more.

For a lower budget, try looking at Sigma 70-200 f/2.8. Can be had for less than $800 delivered. Canon of course has a lens that is better in performance but quite a bit more.

Sigma 70-300mm f/4
You can find them for under 200$, brand new on ebay.
I don't really know how good of a lens it would be though. I'm pretty sure it's really slow.

sorry trying to keep price range around $500

also were can i find out more about what lens do what and which to use for what ?

thanks

Sigma 70-200 f/2.8 can be had at around 500-600 used with some luck - I got mine for $540 shipped to my door with 3 years extended transferable warranty and in mint condition

Most reactions

New Topics

Back