NEX 7 at 3200iso

Status
Not open for further replies.
rexbobcat said:
There is a difference between being facetious and truly trying to instigate a hostile response.

You know those comments aren't true, as do I, so they weren't trolling. They were using an english convention called sarcasm.

You, however, purposefully try and get people angry.

I do have a question for you, though.

Does it really and truly matter what kind of camera someone has? I mean, the "Afghan Girl" portrait was shot with a Nikon FM2 camera, which is obviously less advanced than the SLT A77. So I don't really understand why it's so important to you to have the biggest technological d*** on the forum....

Go bump your head against the wall if you think those are sarcasm. lol

Ok, try to be serious let see what you guys are gonna say. I am not trying to get people angry. I am just stating the fact that there is no single aps-c camera from Canon that can match the NEX-7 in terms of image quality or noise performance. Canon 7D can't even beat the NEX-3, so why you Canon trolls are bashing the NEX-7?

To answer your question, it depends what plans do you have of using it. Better camera helps photographer. Your question is like asking if having a 24-70mm 2.8 really matter if your super-zoom cover more range.

rexbobcat said:
It says "until the shutter button is pressed halfway down." I did that and the technology still didn't work. What's the point of having continuous focus all the time? Seems kind of stupid to me.

It did focus to my focus point, but it never stopped focusing....that's my point. Is my English not fluent enough?

No. But your understanding about the camera is the problem. If the "eye-start" was not working for you, why didn't you turn that off? lol

gsgary said:
Nex7 still looks **** at iso3200 after 18 pages

But still look way better than Canon who keep using outdated sensor lol. Even this thread reach out 100+ pages, Canon best aps-c 7D will always be inferior to Sony worst mirrorless, the NEX-3. :)

cosmonaut said:
I don't really understand what the big issue is? This is a Sony forum. If you don't like Sony please stay out. You really have little business here anyway.

They got nothing to talk about in their forum. Their cameras are using an outdated sensors. IQ and noise performance are all bad. lol. Get the a580 next and post a 6400 shot in here. That will probably shut them up. lol

EchoingWhisper said:
You couldn't see it via a link. Even if I gave you a link, you'll have to click through it.

You didn't give me a clickable link. I click Cosmonaut's and it shows that NEX-7 iso is better than the 60D. Where is the link?

rexbobcat said:
There is a difference between being facetious and truly trying to instigate a hostile response.

You know those comments aren't true, as do I, so they weren't trolling. They were using an english convention called sarcasm.

You, however, purposefully try and get people angry.

I do have a question for you, though.

Does it really and truly matter what kind of camera someone has? I mean, the "Afghan Girl" portrait was shot with a Nikon FM2 camera, which is obviously less advanced than the SLT A77. So I don't really understand why it's so important to you to have the biggest technological d*** on the forum....

Go bump your head against the wall if you think those are sarcasm. lol

Ok, try to be serious let see what you guys are gonna say. I am not trying to get people angry. I am just stating the fact that there is no single aps-c camera from Canon that can match the NEX-7 in terms of image quality or noise performance. Canon 7D can't even beat the NEX-3, so why you Canon trolls are bashing the NEX-7?

To answer your question, it depends what plans do you have of using it. Better camera helps photographer. Your question is like asking if having a 24-70mm 2.8 really matter if your super-zoom cover more range.

rexbobcat said:
It says "until the shutter button is pressed halfway down." I did that and the technology still didn't work. What's the point of having continuous focus all the time? Seems kind of stupid to me.

It did focus to my focus point, but it never stopped focusing....that's my point. Is my English not fluent enough?

No. But your understanding about the camera is the problem. If the "eye-start" was not working for you, why didn't you turn that off? lol

gsgary said:
Nex7 still looks **** at iso3200 after 18 pages

But still look way better than Canon who keep using outdated sensor lol. Even this thread reach out 100+ pages, Canon best aps-c 7D will always be inferior to Sony worst mirrorless, the NEX-3. :)

cosmonaut said:
I don't really understand what the big issue is? This is a Sony forum. If you don't like Sony please stay out. You really have little business here anyway.

They got nothing to talk about in their forum. Their cameras are using an outdated sensors. IQ and noise performance are all bad. lol. Get the a580 next and post a 6400 shot in here. That will probably shut them up. lol

EchoingWhisper said:
You couldn't see it via a link. Even if I gave you a link, you'll have to click through it.

You didn't give me a clickable link. I click Cosmonaut's and it shows that NEX-7 iso is better than the 60D. Where is the link?

:lmao: :lol: hahahahaaha!

Nikon_Josh said:
:lmao: :lol: hahahahaaha!

You copy and paste those and all you can say is lmao, lol, and hahahaha?
Can't you think of anything to fire back? lol

Last edited:
We're comparing noise performance, not dynamic range, so DxOMark's low-light ISO is not accurate (it calculates SNR and dynamic range at high ISO, so Sony sensors are getting the benefits from its high dynamic range, not its SNR). Couldn't give you a link to it, but here's a screenshot. Here's a link. DxOMark - Compare cameras side by side I think it's flash based or similar, that's why it doesn't change the link.
38950649.jpg

We're comparing noise performance, not dynamic range, so DxOMark's low-light ISO is not accurate (it calculates SNR and dynamic range at high ISO, so Sony sensors are getting the benefits from its high dynamic range, not its SNR). Couldn't give you a link to it, but here's a screenshot. Here's a link. DxOMark - Compare cameras side by side I think it's flash based or similar, that's why it doesn't change the link.
38950649.jpg

From that chart I guess they are about even. Imaging Resource ( Imaging Resource "Comparometer" ™ Digital Camera Image Comparison Page ) lab test shows that the 60D has more noise in high ISO.

38950649.jpg

From that chart I guess they are about even. Imaging Resource ( Imaging Resource "Comparometer" ™ Digital Camera Image Comparison Page ) lab test shows that the 60D has more noise in high ISO.

DxOMark has the most reliable tests. What can you say?

Although that the above score shows that they're similar in noise performance, the NEX 7 will have better SNR (1/3 of increment due to 1/3 higher megapixel) if both both were displayed at same size, i.e printed at same size. When comparing noise performance, it is not wise to pixel-peep. Instead, you should display them at the same size. Read this for more clarity - The Real Megapixel Myth

EchoingWhisper said:
DxOMark has the most reliable tests. What can you say?

DXoMark has the chart, Imaging Resource has the picture result. What can you say?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back