Nice moon shot IMHO

Jaszek, I think your moon is way over-processed. Your image looks like the classic example of over-sharpening yielding a moon that looks like it was painted with water colors.
But I did paint it lol. j/k. I know it's over-processed. I didn't feel like spending to much tme. I just moved all the things to the right in LR and cropped without even looking at the pic. So people remember. Don't do what I do :D

3335025084_3e3e6a9139.jpg

Couldn't get in close enough! shot with my 55-200mm VR. my first attempt.

to the OP: I personally would've shot this with a lower aperture to make the moon a little darker. I'm no pro, but i thought maybe you'd want some feedback.

looks like we r all looking at the same moon lol

Couldn't get in close enough! shot with my 55-200mm VR. my first attempt.
Don't feel bad! The image I posted above was heavily cropped from this:

IMG_4913-3.jpg

My max focal length is only 200mm too... Just hack-n-slash until you get it big enough. :lol:

EDIT: NEXT WEDNESDAY I WANT TO SEE EVERYONE TAKE A MOON SHOT. WE WILL OVERTAKE THESE FORUMS BUAHAHAHAHA!!! LOL So yea next full is March 11th, 2009 which is a Wednesday.
Darn! It's not in the cards for me to play. :(

photo-88.jpg

Darn! It's not in the cards for me to play. :(
Yes, but do you see that large print "39" in your image? That is the absolute only thing that weather forecasters are ever accurate on :D.

A while back I looked up the weather in Pittsburgh and they were showing 40s on the extended for the end of the week and the weekend. Nice try weatherman, it was freakin 19!

Yes, but do you see that large print "39" in your image? That is the absolute only thing that weather forecasters are ever accurate on :D.

A while back I looked up the weather in Pittsburgh and they were showing 40s on the extended for the end of the week and the weekend. Nice try weatherman, it was freakin 19!
I know, you're absolutely right. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

I've found that even with 400 billion worth of satellites in orbit, they still can't tell you what the weather will be like an hour from now... much less 4 days. ;)

Maybe I'll get lucky.

Itll be cloudy for me, 10% chance of rain, around 17 degrees, with 17mph winds....cold...darn. I might bundle up and take a few shots with my moms P&S.

Oh! here are some shots from last night with my P&S (as you can tell--im in desperate need of a camera with at LEAST a manual mode, the moon is blown out in almost every shot I took)

The best shot of the moon Ive ever gotten with my digital P&S, it might have been because I used auto, with the flash, so the shuttter speed was increased to 1/125 instead of using night landscape and it automaticly turning off the flash.
focal length on this as well as all my shots is the equivelent to 132mm (the digital zoom absolutely sucks!)
3336558034_d4036a0e9f.jpg

3336558158_70507e7b37.jpg

I must have bumped the tripod or the wind moved it or something, or alians were being stupid and moving the moon around!
3336558102_3e3da6fae0.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back