Nick Brandt

goooner

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Not sure if this is the right place for posting this. Went to an exhibition of this guys nature photos and was blown away. Absolutely amazing images, all shot on medium format with a 1x, or 2x lens. He gets close, and it really makes a difference.

The prints were all really big, different sizes up to 3m across.

Nick Brandt: Photography

Looks interesting. I book marked it and will explore later. There are some talented people out there!

Looks interesting. I book marked it and will explore later. There are some talented people out there!
It really was jaw dropping. I probably would've gotten more reads in the wildlife section.

Something that you do not notice so much on screen, which I noticed immediately on the big prints, was that some pictures have more than one focal plane. He has some funky tilt shift objective he used in his earlier work, and he used it to very good effect. Don't think I've seen anyone else use this kind of technique on wildlife. The section on the 'behind the photos' was also very insightful.

Definitely heading back there soon for a closer look.

Not sure if this is the right place for posting this. Went to an exhibition of this guys nature photos and was blown away. Absolutely amazing images, all shot on medium format with a 1x, or 2x lens. He gets close, and it really makes a difference.

The prints were all really big, different sizes up to 3m across.

Nick Brandt: Photography
Thanks for sharing. I really like his "Inherit the Dust" series. Who am I kidding... all of his stuff is just fantastic!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back