Nick the Addict

guitarmy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
He's not actually, but he was for an hour on this day. Self-imposed creative shoot. Lemme know your thoughts!

1683534278_e256f8fd52.jpg

1683533194_57f6a73940.jpg

I like these alot, although his face isn't convincing enough.

Nice scene you got going on there though.

I'll be working on some more - there are some where he's damn convincing.

My, what was it that created that MESS in your bathroom then? And who cleaned up after the session??? Ugh. I see myself scrubbing already!

Are these photos stacked? They are sooo contrasty and sharp!

It was good ol' fashioned garden dirt and water. It was in the bathroom of my band's studio. It was a mess and I haven't totally cleaned it up yet, haha.

I'm not sure what you mean by stacked, sorry. Basically a bunch of layers and layer masking, and dodging and burning.

So no several exposures merged? Well, anyhow, it looks cool, but the dirt does not really look genuine. It looks added (which you did).

He's too well-groomed to be an addict. ;) Next time, don't let him shave for a couple of days and wear dirty, old shoes.

I can see where you're headed, though, and I look forward to the next set!

Marian

He just looks like you rubbed dirt on him. Not bad images technically though.

He just looks like you rubbed dirt on him. Not bad images technically though.

x2, The photography is fine, but the set-work needs.....work.

The dirt looks superficial, and looks like gobs of dirt on him rather than actual grime. Like the brand new tee-shirt with a little grease on it. I showed my GF and she says he looks more like a teenager who had a bad first day at the auto-plant than a junkie.

I'd look around for a better bathroom, soemthing old and genuinely grimey, something in an old hotel bar, then I'd go there with my camera in a knapsack, and take some guerilla shots there after doing the makeup bit.

Needs work; lacks realism.

Jesus!!!

I just realised that you're in friggin' edmonton during an oil boom. Why not just photograph the real junkies/drunks passed out in real bathrooms.

It's scarier, but you'll definitely get realism.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back