Nikon 24-70 F2.8 VR ?? or third party lens??

I'm used to traveling with my D610, 24-70, and 70-200 in a bag so....

with that said, the a6000 was a very nice reprieve.

I'm used to traveling with my D610, 24-70, and 70-200 in a bag so....

with that said, the a6000 was a very nice reprieve.

Ah but B, I am pretty sure you are much younger than me, and can carry the extra weight.
I could do that in college, but those days are long behind me. Now weight is a consideration.
I would love to be able to carry a FX body + both f/2.8 lenses, but my back has other ideas.
Getting old sucks.

oh, I totally agree getting old is the freaking worst.

Tell me about it, I turn 27 next week.

FWIW I have the Tamron 24-70 G2 and I can't say enough good things about it. Absolutely love it.

I like the 24-85mm lens length; Nikon has made more than one version in that zoom range. The 28-105 braineack speaks of is surprisingly GOOD on 24-MP Nikon full-frame: we shipped a 28-105 across the USA a few years ago,and I shot it on the 24-MP D3x and was happy with the image quality and focus speed.

RE: 35mm prime lens: I personally like the older 35mm f/2 AF-D lens...decent, small, nice rendering to the pictures.

Zooms: 24-70mm f/2.8 lenses...ehhhh...BIG, heavy, PITA for a lens that is not long enough at the top end to do much, and you get sharper, crisper, better images with three primes: a 24, a 35,and a 50mm. And then your real, quality lens is the 85/1.8 AF-S G.

Buy lenses that you think might suck on the used market, from a dealer that offers a money-back return option. RE: the 24-120 VR...and the used price of it...

I think the 24-85 AF-S VR-G might be the lens to buy for the D750: Nikon paired that as a kit for a while with D600 bodies...

Just wanted to update this thread.

I ended up purchasing the Nikon 24-70 VR V2 lens. WOW what a beast! It really performed while on vacation in many lighting situations. I look forward to using it more and more.

Thanks for input!

Congrats. I own the former Nikon 24-70mm and I'm happy with it. Never lets me down. But if it did, I wouldn't have any problems grabbing a Sigma or Tamron to replace it. But it just keeps working.

Just wanted to update this thread.

I ended up purchasing the Nikon 24-70 VR V2 lens. WOW what a beast! It really performed while on vacation in many lighting situations. I look forward to using it more and more.

Thanks for input!

So how did it handle?
I my concern is the weight of that lens.

I'm looking for a lens too and am between the Tamron 24-70 f2.8 g2 and the Nikon 24-120 f4 VR.

I'm leaning towards the Tamron. Aside from price, weight, and extra reach is there a reason to pick the Nikon?

Most reactions

Back