Nikon D3200 Vs. Nikon D5200

Kortney

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi,

I am looking into purchasing a new DSLR camera, I have been checking out two Nikon models (3200 & 5200). I have been told by a store that there is no difference between these two models except video capabilities. I am looking for recommendations or reviews on both or either model.

I am looking to do stop motion, scenery, portrait, digital zoom and something that is not hard to focus and has anti-shake.

Anyone?

if there's no difference, then why would i rather have the d5100 over my d3100?

D3200 is indeed a very good camera and if you want in a way "best bang for your buck" then the D3200 is a very good buy.
Saying that the D5200 is better, its not a world a part in performance but it is better.
Better low light performance and better IQ are the main reasons why I would go with the D5200.

Hi,

I am looking into purchasing a new DSLR camera, I have been checking out two Nikon models (3200 & 5200). I have been told by a store that there is no difference between these two models except video capabilities. I am looking for recommendations or reviews on both or either model.

I am looking to do stop motion, scenery, portrait, digital zoom and something that is not hard to focus and has anti-shake.

Anyone?
Digital zoom is crap and usually on lesser than dslr cameras. Nikon anti shake is lens based so it depends on the lens you use. The d5200 is a higher spec camera. To find the exact difference type d3200 vs d5200 and you will get a detailed list. For in body stabilisation that works wiyh all lenses you could look at the similarly specced Sony a57 or a58. They are slightly different tech but have good sensors and good image quality

I don''t think you should be comparing the D3200 to the D5200 and thinking they are very similar. The D5200 is a step above the D3200. If want to be on a level playing field then you should be comparing the D3200 to the D5100. They are more similar and if I had to pick between the 2 I would go for the the D5100. I actually did a comparison D5100 vs D3200. In my opinion the D5100 lets you advance more as a beginner without haveing to purchase another camera.

Honestly, I'd go for the D5200. It'll give you room to grow as a photographer and not be too limiting. Also, its image quality is close enough to the D7100 to where no one would be able to tell the difference.

I currently use the d5200, had the d3200 before and sold it to my sister after I had it a month or two so I upgraded. After having had both? The d3200 is the better value, but the d5200 will let you grow and do more as a photographer. Just depends how casual you want things or if you plan on growing upward and needing more functionality.

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy S III using Tapatalk 2

3200, because if you're like most, and get the itch to upgrade your camera in 6-12 months, you'll have some more money in your pocket.

Well I had Nikon D3200 and After releasing of Nikon D5200 I shifted in Nikon D5200 and I must say Nikon D5200 is Awesome with its great performacne. Nikon D5200 Produce low noise at high ISO and I love this awesome feature. Nikon D5200 has more focus point (39) where nikon D3200 has 11 and more important advantage which is not ignorable is Nikon D5200 shoots fast than Nikon D3200. Nikon D5200 Shoots 5 frame per second (FPS). Recently My bro wrote a review about Nikon D5200 best buy and another about Nikon D7100 price . You may get some help from this to decide the best DSLR :) ENJOY !

Hi,

Anyone?

Well actually what you were told isn't exactly accurate. The D5200 has in camera HDR for one, which is nice for landscapes and such. It shoots a little faster (5 fps as opposed to 4), has the articulating screen (not a feature I use but for shooting video or lining up a still shot on a tripod it can be very handy), it has a better autofocus system and a little bit better image quality thanks to an improved dynamic range. It's also a bit better in low light but not by a huge margin.

The D3200 really is designed for beginners and I generally recommend it for people who are wanting a DSLR but it's not something they are going to use often. The D5200 is something I recommend for folks that may be new to photography or who have some experience but are really looking to go to the next level - it's a camera you can grow into rather than something you'll grow out of if that makes any sense.

This should be a sticky...

"How to pick a Nikon DSLR..."

1) Take how much money you have to spend
2) Reduce that amount down to how much money you are comfortable spending without any remorse.
3) Buy the most expensive camera you can get with that money that does not come with any extra crap (no bundles!)
4) Enjoy new camera.

Done!

Go for the cheaper of the two because this way you'll have more money in your pocket for when you want to upgrade to a D7100.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back