Nikon d7000 Lens questions

joseph0042

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hey guys I have been looking into lenses for the Nikon D7000, especially the 50mm and 85mm prime lenses. The problem I am having is deciding whether or not to get the 50mm and 85mm DX versions or the 35mm and 50mm FX versions for the same field of view. What would you guys suggest? I understand the DX lenses especially in the G models is cheaper, but is there any benefit of going with the FX models outside of future proofing?

do you have a zoom lens now? set it to those focal lengths and see what you think.

the only one of those that, to my knowledge, is dx only is the 35mm and on the d7000 there is no noticeable difference between using a dx or fx lens

What lens do you have now? the 24-105?

set it to each focal length, walk around taking pictures and decide which length you'd like in fast glass; buy that.

Hey guys I have been looking into lenses for the Nikon D7000, especially the 50mm and 85mm prime lenses. The problem I am having is deciding whether or not to get the 50mm and 85mm DX versions or the 35mm and 50mm FX versions for the same field of view. What would you guys suggest? I understand the DX lenses especially in the G models is cheaper, but is there any benefit of going with the FX models outside of future proofing?

I think you have it backwards
DX - the 35 and 50
FX - the 50 and 85
would be "equivalent"

I bought the FX version of lenses for future FX camera

Most reactions

New Topics

Back