Nikon D850...............Who's gonna get one ?

I have no desire to buy one.
Interesting statement, you don't desire because you cant afford it or even if money wasn't an issue you still wouldn't want one ?
If so may I ask why ?

Last edited:
That, combined with the broader AF-point coverage and the new sensor (which may be near D5 levels of ISO performance, yet to be seen of course).
Sadly no, Tony Northrom already tested and the D850 shows about same low light and same dynamic range as the D810 but considering you get much more resolution this on its own is an impressive thing, image on D850 is sharper then the already amazing D810 and it seems to deal differently low light noise making it better then the D810.
It seems that for low light I will still come back to my trusty D750

I'm getting one to replace my aging D800, but I'm waiting for all the bugs to get fixed :D

The D810 is superb but too near to my D600 so I waited for the D850 and got her on day one again.

My D7000 was a buggy one, no reliable operation with fast primes. Cost me lots of time and money. My worst investment ever.
You got the D850 already ?
Arrrrr lucky man, these cameras haven't made it to Canadain market yet, I went to camera store on Sep 7th and they said sometime next week, I don't know if I will get it even then, they said only 3 cameras and there are 9 people who preordered it but only in their management they know who will get it, depending on who ordered it first, he said I have a good chance as I was one of the first but we shall see, I CANT WAIT booooo hoooo :(

Ah Nikon D7000, it was my first Nikon, the one I hated the most, actually the only one I hated, man it wasn't a good camera, never got it to focus right, always had back focusing issues, only way to solve issue was to get my old beloved D7100, now that was a sweet camera :)

I'm getting one to replace my aging D800, but I'm waiting for all the bugs to get fixed :D

The D810 is superb but too near to my D600 so I waited for the D850 and got her on day one again.

My D7000 was a buggy one, no reliable operation with fast primes. Cost me lots of time and money. My worst investment ever.
You got the D850 already ?
Arrrrr lucky man, these cameras haven't made it to Canadain market yet, I went to camera store on Sep 7th and they said sometime next week, I don't know if I will get it even then, they said only 3 cameras and there are 9 people who preordered it but only in their management they know who will get it, depending on who ordered it first, he said I have a good chance as I was one of the first but we shall see, I CANT WAIT booooo hoooo :(

Ah Nikon D7000, it was my first Nikon, the one I hated the most, actually the only one I hated, man it wasn't a good camera, never got it to focus right, always had back focusing issues, only way to solve issue was to get my old beloved D7100, now that was a sweet camera :)

I pre-ordered mine minutes after it was announced in my brick and mortar.

Like my D500 I got it on day one. I just wrote to a photographer I know for a very long time:

"I am not emotional concerning my tools, but I suffer when tools are unreliable like the D600 in many situations.

So I enjoy the D850 in the sense that she is much less of a PITA than the cameras were that she replaces. I sell the D600 and D3.

In fact she is a great tool at a very fair price. I thought that Nikon would charge more for her.

The distance even to the D810 alone justifies the purchase."

Argh shutup and take my money.
I handled one today. The weight balance feels very different.
I love the deeper grip.
The viewfinder is orgasmic.
The D810 is no slouch but the D850 viewfinder felt like IMAX screen.
It's like so big i wish I could put both eyes.
I'll get mine middle of next year (probably). My 2 year old D810 has a little over 70k shutter count.

Now I can't wait till I look through that viewfinder, especially if you say it's orgasmic!

I do not see much difference to the D500 VF using them in parallel. But: The D500 VF is better for manual focus, it is coarser, has more "snap", no wonder it features the Mark II screen from the F6 also used in the 7200 and 7500, not the Mark VIII like the D6xx, D8xx, DF...
the D500 has a very fine vf but I was only comparing fullframe cameras.
the extra autofocus points really sells it for me (compared to the D810).

it lets me place the focus point on the eye of the subject more precisely.

*cry* I really want one but have to wait till next year.
we Just got a 3rd D810 which my GF and I share as a floater earlier this June. (We each have one in addition to that)

Last edited:
The camera is also very fast, even without the grip, which I am waiting for:

smallDSC_0469_.JPG
smallDSC_0470_.JPG
smallDSC_0471_.JPG
smallDSC_0472_.JPG
smallDSC_0473_.JPG
smallDSC_0474_.JPG
smallDSC_0475_.JPG
smallDSC_0476_.JPG
smallDSC_0477_.JPG
smallDSC_0478_.JPG
smallDSC_0479_.JPG
smallDSC_0480_.JPG
smallDSC_0481_.JPG
smallDSC_0482_.JPG
smallDSC_0483_.JPG

Nope, holding off till all the faults are fixed in the new D860:1398:

ugh! I wish mine would show up. Still hasn't shipped yet. They said their next shipment is 9/15 and 9/20 so hopefully one of mine will be in that order. If not I may end up canceling the order and going with the D810

ugh! I wish mine would show up. Still hasn't shipped yet. They said their next shipment is 9/15 and 9/20 so hopefully one of mine will be in that order. If not I may end up canceling the order and going with the D810
Still waiting on my shipping notification. They sent me an email it was in the works and would be Fedex ground. I also ordered a grip. They have not charged me for it. Nor information on it. So, it must be further down the road for it's shipping.

Same thing here in Canada, still waiting from that call from the store telling me the camera has arrived, I called few stores, only one admitted they have a D850 but its about to be picked up by their new owner who pre-ordered it. Patience was never one of my strong points.
The hype over this camera is so great which makes the wait even harder...........I WANT MY CAMERA........................NOW :(

Same thing here in Canada, still waiting from that call from the store telling me the camera has arrived, I called few stores, only one admitted they have a D850 but its about to be picked up by their new owner who pre-ordered it. Patience was never one of my strong points.
The hype over this camera is so great which makes the wait even harder...........I WANT MY CAMERA........................NOW :(

ME................TOO :icon_pissedoff:. And to make it worse they sent me a teaser email that they were working on it. And would be shipped in the next couple business days. And today was business day 4. And no shipping info. :madass:

But I am coping, barely. :345:

Ok, I'll take the hit, I'll send one of you waiting guys my new gx80 ( they have the same sensor anyway). I'll do without until your d850 arrives, ye send me that.... The things I do for internet strangers ...

Ok, I'll take the hit, I'll send one of you waiting guys my new gx80 ( they have the same sensor anyway). I'll do without until your d850 arrives, ye send me that.... The things I do for internet strangers ...

Wow, you are so considerate of others. :angel:

Still waiting..... Already sold the D3s. So excited for this camera but the wait is killing me.

Most reactions

Back