no, i will NOT take a photo with your camera!!!!!

You could always wear one of these:

fedora.jpg

The point of the matter is, Photowoman is selling her photos to the wedding party, If she takes a picture on the P&S then that is a picture no-one will have to pay for
Also if the P&S ends up being rubbish, the image comes out rubbish (grain/noise and all) then it is photowoman who gets called a bad photog, modern day, a good photo (by unknowledgable people) is a photo with no noise that is super sharp

1) how can i handle this in the future? better yet,
HOW CAN I STOP THIS FROM HAPPENING TO ME????

Tell her that you'd be happy to do it once you're off the clock?

If they don't get the hint, be less subtle.

I knew someone would correct me on my Spanish!

:lol: Well I am around a bunch of people who speak it and take classes so I guess I don't count ;)
You'd think I'd know how to speak it better since the Walmart near me seems like a different country... Anyway back to helping Photowoman!

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Same thing here... same with the burger king and everyone around it in that area.

Last edited:
You'd think I'd know how to speak it better since the Walmart near me seems like a different country...
What a thoughtless and offensive statement.

Edit: and the replies in a similar vein.

Nothing offensive was intended, I don't see whats wrong with saying that one part of a neighborhood is entirely a different "click", whether it be chinese, spanish, polish, german, italian, or jewish.

It may be hard for you to understand since you don't live here - people say much worse about that part of town, trust me.

If I were to be offensive I'd say that's where all the poor... going around stealing things. i think that is wrong. Not what I nor what Big said. But also, the offensive thing that I said that people say, may be the truth, thus a harsh statement of reality.

Again, if it's the Mother then do whatever you can, and if that includes taking a picture of her and her daughter with her camera then go for it.

If pissing off the mother means you lose referrals that is a heck of a lot more lost money wise than a print or two.

Also, I Highly doubt that the mother will say, well, the photographer took this one with my camera and it turned out poorly, he/she must be terrible. Especially when you have all of the great images to show them that you did.

I agree with the poster who wrote, "Sure, I'd be glad to! But I've haven't used a camera like this before... then cut off the top of her head just a bit. ":thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::lol:

I don't get it? it will take you 2 seconds to take a picture... why not just do it? I mean, it's at the reception, so there's probably some time, and this is the MOTHER who usually helps pay for everything I mean, she's pretty important in the whole wedding thing, if at all possible I would suggest trying to stay on her good side even if that means using her camera and taking a picture.

It's important for them to understand that you're a professional, but they probably think, well, he/she's really good at taking pictures and that's why they want you to take them. I wouldn't take it as an insult, just take it as a compliment.

^that ...
idk get why its offensive :/
(sorry i dont do photography professionally so i wouldnt really know :D )

I don't get it? it will take you 2 seconds to take a picture... why not just do it? I mean, it's at the reception, so there's probably some time, and this is the MOTHER who usually helps pay for everything I mean, she's pretty important in the whole wedding thing, if at all possible I would suggest trying to stay on her good side even if that means using her camera and taking a picture.

It's important for them to understand that you're a professional, but they probably think, well, he/she's really good at taking pictures and that's why they want you to take them. I wouldn't take it as an insult, just take it as a compliment.

It seems to me that the mother trying to get a picture with her camera is a attempt (conscious or subconscious) to undercut the printing costs of the professional photos.

I think I would have grabbed the closest long neck beer bottle and split her head wide open. A pair of brass knucks would do nicely for her dental work, or re-work. When she goes down, kick her continuously in the gut until she is permanetly fixed in the fetal position.

Then send her a get well card to the intensive care unit, and offer to get her a discount on colostomy bags.

I hang around too many biker bars.:grumpy:

Just kiddin,

J.:mrgreen:

Again, if it's the Mother then do whatever you can, and if that includes taking a picture of her and her daughter with her camera then go for it.

If pissing off the mother means you lose referrals that is a heck of a lot more lost money wise than a print or two.

Also, I Highly doubt that the mother will say, well, the photographer took this one with my camera and it turned out poorly, he/she must be terrible. Especially when you have all of the great images to show them that you did.

See, I am going to agree with Nate here. I have had this happen and if we have time, we will take the freaking picture. It usually happens during the family formals, so you aren't missing a cake cutting or something.

In our case, the couple receives a disk of the photos as part of the service (no not shoot and burn), fully edited pictures, so we aren't losing a sell from taking some crappy P&S picture.

Now, I did have at a wedding a lady in a scooter say, "EXCUSE ME!" while I was taking some photos of the couple and she said, "YOU ARE IN THE WAY OF MY PICTURE!" I said, "oh, pardon me!" and started laughing. It was so rediculous I couldn't even bother getting mad. LOL

By the way, at one particular wedding we were approached more than once and thanked for being so nice about others taking pictures around us and that we would be recommended to their friends because of our friendly and professional attitude.

I tell them I have enough to think about with my own equipment without starting on theirs. Whether its the brides mother or not, weddings are too busy to fanny with anyone elses stuff, if they can't do it they should leave the camera at home and buy the pro's work. H

Most reactions

Back