Non-Action type Soccer Photo

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by Dao, Nov 3, 2008.

1. Dao

Dao No longer a newbie, moving up!

Well .. month or 2 ago, I was at the Soccer field trying to capture some Actions. ( 1st time I tried that in my whole life)

Beside those actions shorts, I found the non-action shots also very interesting. As I mentioned before, I am still a beginner and learn most of my stuff in here. So .. C&C are welcome.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Brutus

Brutus TPF Noob!

Good dof, color, and exposure. Decent composition, although both are very close in that respect. For what you were trying to do, you definitely did it, I like them. Number one is my favorite.

3. Photog

Photog TPF Noob!

I'm surprised how much more #1 interests me. I suppose it must be because there's a greater feeling of dynamism with a football that's about to get kicked than with a cone that just sits in the corner of the pitch for the whole 90 minutes...

4. Dao

Photog, I agree with you.

In fact, I took the cone first and later on , took the other one. Actually, what happened was, the soccer ball you see in the picture was not the one they were playing in the match. I walked around and saw 2 of the soccer balls laying around outside the field. So I rolled one ball to the place I want and kneed down on the grass and started to view it through the viewfinder.

After I took few shots and I noticed a nice moment that the game was stop and waiting for a penalty kick. And that how I got this one. And it just happened the referee and one of the team member was facing my direction. (Lucky me) I really think the referee, the team member and the soccer ball make this picture work. Without one, it may look boring as the 2nd one.

5. randerson07

randerson07 TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Ive never played on a pitch that looked that good. Even the indoor fields I played on looked worse than that.

Lucky kids.

6. Josh66

Josh66 Been spending a lot of time on here!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Haha, I had pictured you running out on the field blowing a whistle yelling "wait a minute guys, I need to take a picture of this ball!"

I like the first one. The glare on the ball is slightly distracting, otherwise I like it.

7. Dao

Yes, the entire area are brand new. The grass are so good that it feel like I am sitting on a thick carpet.

8. Dao

lol .... if I did that, a lot of angry kids will kick me instead of the soccer ball.