Non-Action type Soccer Photo

Dao

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Well .. month or 2 ago, I was at the Soccer field trying to capture some Actions. ( 1st time I tried that in my whole life)

Beside those actions shorts, I found the non-action shots also very interesting. As I mentioned before, I am still a beginner and learn most of my stuff in here. So .. C&C are welcome.

2998636221_1c338b7444.jpg

2999475602_d4fec4bb49.jpg

Good dof, color, and exposure. Decent composition, although both are very close in that respect. For what you were trying to do, you definitely did it, I like them. Number one is my favorite.

I'm surprised how much more #1 interests me. I suppose it must be because there's a greater feeling of dynamism with a football that's about to get kicked than with a cone that just sits in the corner of the pitch for the whole 90 minutes...

Photog, I agree with you.

In fact, I took the cone first and later on , took the other one. Actually, what happened was, the soccer ball you see in the picture was not the one they were playing in the match. I walked around and saw 2 of the soccer balls laying around outside the field. So I rolled one ball to the place I want and kneed down on the grass and started to view it through the viewfinder.

After I took few shots and I noticed a nice moment that the game was stop and waiting for a penalty kick. And that how I got this one. And it just happened the referee and one of the team member was facing my direction. (Lucky me) I really think the referee, the team member and the soccer ball make this picture work. Without one, it may look boring as the 2nd one.

Haha, I had pictured you running out on the field blowing a whistle yelling "wait a minute guys, I need to take a picture of this ball!"

I like the first one. The glare on the ball is slightly distracting, otherwise I like it.

Ive never played on a pitch that looked that good. Even the indoor fields I played on looked worse than that.

Lucky kids.

Yes, the entire area are brand new. The grass are so good that it feel like I am sitting on a thick carpet.

Haha, I had pictured you running out on the field blowing a whistle yelling "wait a minute guys, I need to take a picture of this ball!"

I like the first one. The glare on the ball is slightly distracting, otherwise I like it.

lol .... if I did that, a lot of angry kids will kick me instead of the soccer ball.

Most reactions

Back