Normal? Focusing questions, and c+c

ohhh i like:) very interesting that a photo can change so much with so little difference. thanks:)

2605359211_eedfc0b1fe_b.jpg

2605359245_15d1621703_b.jpg

A couple more shots i ruined :( o well, any other things i have to work on?

Maybe it's my old eyes. But in these 2 pictures she seems to be in focus from the knees to the hips and out of focus above and below. Could there be an issue with the lense or sensor? Or is the plane of focus so small that her natural stance puts her into and out of the plane? Its puzzleing. I noticed it in the first couple of pictures as well. I just thought that since she was seated and more "horizontal" that it was a DOF thing.

Just wondering.

Vince

^^^ yeah that's what I was referring to earlier.

I know someone posted about this before but I can't recall the explanation.

Is Helen watching this thread? Ohhhh Helen??? :)

Now im curious if it was just my aperture? i wonder if it could be my zoom lens?

I just noticed that the rocks behind her knees/between her legs, are also in focus. Yet to the left and right of her legs in the bottom picture everything is out of focus. With the "space compression" effect of the zoom, it's hard to tell if that line of rocks is perpindicular to the camera or at an angle.

I think you should take your camera and take some pictures of a wall that has some contrast and detail. That way the entire subject is in a single plane and you can tell if it's your equipment or just a DOF issue playing tricks on us all.

Vince

ok, im going to play with that lens tomorrow and get back to you guys,

Most reactions

New Topics

Back