notoriously underexposed

altair005

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Thanks to everyone for their input regarding my photos from the riverfront yesterday morning. I realize now that my photos are habitually underexposed. Oh, to achieve the sharpness and clarity that I want... I think I will start by revisiting the riverfront and using some of your tips.

IMG_4369.jpg

IMG_3186.jpg

IMG_2832.jpg

IMG_2787.jpg

Last edited:
May I recommend that you not post so many at once to make them easier for CnC. ;)

thanks for the tip, you are right. So, what is the perfect balance between vibrant saturated color and correct exposure?

Have you ever tried viewing the histogram with the image?

I suggest reading the book "Understanding Exposure"

Have you ever tried viewing the histogram with the image?

Ooooh... hmmm... I wonder if my cam will allow me to do so. Will have to fiddle with it. Thanks.

Expose correctly. You can always increase saturation in PPing if desired. If you don't have any editing software, I'd recommend getting some. Maybe PS Elements. This will also allow you to shoot in RAW, where you'll have the ability to correct exposure, white balance, saturation, etc.

o_ff0d331bf4bbc150a7e34a397ff769f3.jpg

i think modifing the level will be ok.

Hi! I believe - without pulling your photographs into photoshop - that they are exposed just fine!

You may have lots of shadows where the light isn't hitting ..... the only way to remedy is to hopefully have a subject close enough that you can brighten it up with a flash...

With the last shot, I'd probably make a few level adjustments in your photo editing program of choice..

Awesome shots =)

I appreciate all your feedback. I personally love the vibrant colors, but I do need to work on opening up the shadows. The pic of my bf and daughter was shot with only a UV filter, no post processing either.

Kind of wish #2 was shot straight on or at a better angle. I just love those signs.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back