Now What The?????

smoke665

TPF Supporters
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Yesterday I glanced down at my K3II and noticed that in the hot shoe there is a hole where a contact pin used to be. It's one of the four small ones around the larger center pin. I am assuming this is one of the contacts used for TTL , which I rarely if ever use. Wireless trigger still works. So is this something easily repaired, or even worth repair considering my use. Think I just moved out of warranty.

Last edited:
Many manufacturers will honor beyond their warranty if it is obviously a manufacturer's defect and not customer abuse. This thing all hinges on the compassion and the side-of-the-bed the repair supervisor/manager woke up upon the day you inquire. It is well worth a try, especially if you have a backup camera and a good story about being a long term Pentaxian ... Pentagon, Pentaxate, Patagonian, Pentaxican, Pentaprism, Penta-ubiquitin ... Pentax owner.

Was it even there to begin with?

Was it even there to begin with?

Well I'd like to say it was but my mind isn't what it used to be. I know there's a hole where it should be.

@Gary A. The part I hate is being without it for 6 weeks. If I can find the contact I'll epoxy it back

It's not by any chance the hole for the speedlight's locking pin is it?

Again I can't say with 100% certainty, that there was contact there, and I'm on the road, so I don't have other bodies for refrence. Anyone else have a k3 or k3ii they can check?

20170514_164231.jpg

That was my first thought: that's the locking pin hole....turns out Pixmedic provided us with a nice shot confirming that! (The photo that pixmedic linked us to is here: ZTECHHOTSHOE-s.jpg)

@pixmedic Duh! Now I'd be happy that apparently there's nothing wrong, if I wasn't kicking myself for being stupid!!! I am assuming the hot shoe on a K3 is the same as a K3II? At least you guys saved me the embarrassment of calling Pentax and making a complete fool of myself.

Simpson D'oh meme.jpg

Let's give Smoke a big, rousing Homer Simpson chorus of "D'oh!"

(lol!)

Last edited:
I hope I'm not the only one out there that can see something mundane everyday and suddenly not be able to remember what it looked like the day before. :icon_redface:

That's great! I very like it.

And what happened to your hot shoe cover? :distant:

Most reactions

Back