Battou

TPF junkie!
Reaction score
Website
www.photo-lucidity.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Ok, Little game.

You grab some gear to have it with you for the following day. All you take with you is a couple of lenses and a flashless body, there is no need to drag the tripod with you given sufficient light for handheld is expected, but....but during the night a shot presents itself.

All you have at the moment is a mid range zoom lens (or telephoto lens), What do you do?

Brace your self and take it handheld?

or

walk away and wonder?

ISO to 1600 (and another shot at 3200), aperture wide open......... Go Team Venture! lol.

Why would you not take the chance? What do you have to lose?

Being a film Photographer it is a slightly bigger decition for me, I was presented with this scenario last night around 2AM, that is what inspired the thread but,

I hunkered down on 800 ISO and went for it with my 200mm. :)

I've taken my shirt off, rolled it up, used it to prop my camera on a brick wall, and set the timer a few times. Got a wonderful photo of Niagara falls at night. Believe me.... the people around me are lucky that it was dark and couldn't see me half naked. :p

I've taken my shirt off, rolled it up, used it to prop my camera on a brick wall, and set the timer a few times. Got a wonderful photo of Niagara falls at night. Believe me.... the people around me are lucky that it was dark and couldn't see me half naked. :p

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Nice, :)

well I'd take it being a digital photographer, but that is harder for you. I'd try and get that camera as steady as possible to take the pic in your situation.

well I'd take it being a digital photographer, but that is harder for you. I'd try and get that camera as steady as possible to take the pic in your situation.

Oh yeah, I am just curious as to how everyone else would handle it, now that my situation is all said and done.

He's serious! (at least I hope usayit is a "he") There are hundreds of ways to make a substitute camera support. Clothing, cars, fences, poles, rocks, trees, they all can work to steady a camera. I often use my coat because it's easy to pile up and manipulate for framing. For anything over 1/8 second, use the self timer so you don't wiggle the camera with your finger. Just spend some time figuring out how to keep the camera stable.

Yeah, I'd look for rocks, use a shoe, a shirt, some kind of surface to rest it upon. If all else fails, Get in the fetal position and stay as still as I can.

If it's a film you can still buy, take the shot.

Definitely take the shot! Even for film users, big deal you can always get your money back but you may never get that chance again to capture a great moment.

Most reactions

Back