Ok... What now?

Carmel

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I am wondering what lens to use now! I have the 18-70mm F3.5-F5.6 for my Sony a200 and I'm bored with it. I want to move on to another lens. Unfortunately, and this is probably a problem with a lot of fledgling photographers, I'm not willing to spend a lot to get another lens.

Anyone have an suggestions for another lens that is good for someone who is starting to learn and doesn't want to be completely overwhelmed? I'm willing to spend around $500.00 to get one.

Thanks in advance!

Well, many excellent older Konica and Minolta lenses fit the Sony. Start looking there. Some will be manual focus, but the good thing about SLR is that you're seeing "through the lens"... you'll know if you're in focus or not.

Figure out what the mount is called, and start looking on eBay.

Look for lenses that used to fit Maxxum or Dynax. Probably older ones, too - but this will probably enable AF.

I have the same camera and had the same question about 2-3 months ago. I was bored and needed something different. I went to a camera shop and the guy asked me what i liked to take photos of. I told him I like doing portraits, macro shots and anything that has me zooming in on somethings. Not sure if i ended up with the right lens (because i just started out and anything sounded good) but i do use it a lot. I ended up buying A sigma 70-300 f4-f5.6 DL Macro Super II. I think i paid like 90.00 bucks or so but at that point i wasn't to sure how deep i wanted to get into photography. Now I Take pictures of anything and everything. My next Lens I think would be a true macro lens for those true close up shots. I have decided which one yet. But i guess the ultimate question in the end is what do you like to that photographs of? And then work from there.

You haven't told us what you intend to use the lens for. If you're just getting it "because your bored", you're probably going to end up buying the wrong lens.

go to photosig.com and sort by lens ... you can see what different lenses will do for you

first decision to make -- do you want wider, more telephoto, or macro?

You haven't told us what you intend to use the lens for. If you're just getting it "because your bored", you're probably going to end up buying the wrong lens.

At the moment, I'm taking a lot of pictures of my dogs and flowers. I'd like to get deeper into photographing wildlife.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back