OMG got logged back in : ) some C&C please

ok

Let me just say my apologizes to everyone!

I just need to stop being a ***** and grow up though I'm only 17 I feel like I know what I'm doing but in reality I don't. I looked in a previous post and saw someone who said "I know how he feels, he got his camera and is excited so he is trying to take pictures of anything and everything." That is honestly how I feel it's probably just because I'm impatient and want to be as good as people like Bitter, but I'm just not taking my time and thinking through. I think for now on I'm only going to post when I think I've made an epic improvment, except for fight club. I feel like it helps the creativity.

P.S. I get pissy when I see "snapshot" and I geuss I shouldn't be asking for C&c, but help instead.

SNAPaPHOTO I'm coming to myrtle beach june 5-12 for senior week and I know from experience the good night life there! I'm hoping to make a real pull through with my photos when I'm there.

No hard feelings. Allow me to apologize for the snapshot comment. I probably should have given you suggestions, or not posted at all, even if my assessment was technically correct. Go ahead and keep posting pictures. Just a suggestion, you might get more comments if you limit yourself to just one or two shots per post. I tend to stop looking at photos really hard after the first couple, and I know others are like that too.

ok will keep in mind but I have the urge to go to dc's national zoo now hmm sunday = free day, national zoo = free entry. I hope I can go! absolutely non related sorry!

Nice! I REALLY like the snapshots of the Koala and the Swan.

Keep shooting and posting!

Nice! I REALLY like the snapshots of the Koala and the Swan.

Keep shooting and posting!

Really what are you talking about there is no swan or koala? Are you tryna start something?

I really like the snapshot of ur starbucks in ur 365 project!

This thread is full of win.

To be fair, that snapshot of the Starbucks still trumps your snapshot of the swan...

I could have swore the broken rocking thing was a swan based on the feathers at the tail. Crap I don't know, maybe next time get in closer to the random floor trash so I can better make it out.

I still stand by the fact there is a Koala somewhere in there.

This thread is full of win.

+1 :popcorn:

To be fair, that snapshot of the Starbucks still trumps your snapshot of the swan...

I could have swore the broken rocking thing was a swan based on the feathers at the tail. Crap I don't know, maybe next time get in closer to the random floor trash so I can better make it out.

I still stand by the fact there is a Koala somewhere in there.

:lmao:

Hmm you know I took Bitter's advice and had a look - not quite all but a good few - so here is my advice after a longer look;

I'm new to photos - It's time to put the camera down - yep to put it down for a moment.

I get the feeling that you are approaching photography from the angle of the non-artist, one who is not naturally gifted with "the eye" and further that your subject selection is what many consider to be very every day objects. This makes things hard since even though your control over exposure is getting noticably better, you are still making the same compositional mistakes over and over in many of your shots which is what is holding you back (I feel).
So its time to put down the camera - for just a moment - and open up some books (or webpages). I honestly can't tell you who to look at because aside from the odd dog portrait your subjects and mine don't line up that well so I just don't know anyone in your "area" to direct you toward. Load up flickr and have a browse - a long browse. You need to put some time into study of those who are seeing the same subjects, but shooting them in a whole different way.
I would also recomend that you look into some compositional resources as well - picking up good compostion skills will greatly help your ability to frame and compose the image as well as give you a chance to start to get some building blocks in place - this is like controling exposure - you have to get the little blocks in place before you can really get the larger.

I'm sure there are others here who can point you toward some good resources on both counts. I'm saying this because I get the feeling that whilst you are progressing you are still trapped at a level where most of what you shoot is not coming out as well as you might think it is and often its a lot of small mistakes.

When you do pick the camera up next limit yourself - you have 30 shots only - go out and shoot only 30 shots. You don't have to use all 30 if you don't wish, but you may only use 30 (this includes exposure tests as well) - 30 clicks of the shutter then stop. And when you go to take the shot slow down, much of what you shoot is static so you have time - consider the angle, the foreground; background; subject; surroundings; depth of field and how it will show subject; fore and background.

Finally when you come to post again have a read through of the first link in my sig as well as the other critique one posted earlier. Then put both to good use - talk about your work a little and maybe give us some insight into it.

maybe i should stick to learning from my teacher cause learning from multiple views on the internet isn't that informative, but I have an assignment from hime for a film camera but maybe I should use that as a starting base for my digital camera also?

I find that some of the most informative stuff I read is posted on here by people who know what they are talking about (not that your teacher doesn't).

I find that some of the most informative stuff I read is posted on here by people who know what they are talking about (not that your teacher doesn't).
It may be a case of, the internet freely gives honest negative critique, and teacher gives fluffy, "Good job Johnny."

Eliminate the negative, and suddenly you are awesome.

Eliminate the negative, and suddenly you are awesome.

which is what society has essentially done. no child ever fails at anything anymore. even those that do still get pats on the back and an award of some sort. its a harsh reality when they enter the real world and suddenly people are *gasp* honest, and yet people are surprised that they then are unable to handle the criticism. its really no wonder.

I personally like 3 and 5. I can't really give any advice because I'm in the same boat as yourself, but keep at it. Practice makes perfect.

Also make sure to be open to ALL types of comments even if it might not be what you want to hear. If you're just looking for positive comments go show them to your parents. If you can handle all kinds of advice then this is a great forum to seek advice and help from.

Btw, being young isn't an excuse for lashing out and swearing at people on the forum. I'm young too, and while it can be frustrating, people will take you a lot more seriously if you act more maturely.

Some of you are really good at it, but just try and beat ........

THIS

Most reactions

New Topics

Back