on a cold winters day...

JonMikal

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
...wouldn't this sign draw you in? :)

47268517-O.jpg

mmm.... just did. Need krispy kremes... now. Thats a cool shot, I like everything else desaturated, She helps to balance off the composition with all of the leading perspective lines on the other side. I like it.

So they're donuts? I assume with a crispy outside creamy middle?

How do you get to them? Do you jump down the hole infront of the sign?

Nice shot, you don't get anythnig like this in britian. This is in DC or where you moved too? Or somewhere else?

Daniel said:
So they're donuts? I assume with a crispy outside creamy middle?

How do you get to them? Do you jump down the hole infront of the sign?

Nice shot, you don't get anythnig like this in britian. This is in DC or where you moved too? Or somewhere else?

:lmao:

that's a subway vent, entrances around the side.

yep, DC. by the time you get a krispy kreme where i live now, it's 10 days old :mrgreen:

MMMMmmmmmmm... donuts. :drool2: :drool2: :drool2:

and krispy kreme even.... there is no better donut in the entire world.

daniel said:
Nice shot, you don't get anything like this in britian.
it is just wrong that there are so many people being deprived of their wonderful goodness... :drool2:

I went to a Krispy Kreme once and watched these hot melt-in-your-mouth little pastries come off the line and was horrified to see them filling garbage can after garbage can with the ones that just weren't good enough to sell :( . So many donuts that won't get the chance to bring blissful happiness to the worlds tastebuds...

oh, really like the photo JonMikal, i've never seen an Ad for KKs but this would do the trick all I see is "Krispy Kreme - NOW!"

Good choice of photo for selective coloring. And yes, it does make me want a toasty hot glazed donut on this frigid minnesota morning

That was uncalled for ;) Mmmm....donuts! I like the selective coloring here as well :D

Great shot...Dupont, right?

Actually, there is a Krispy Kreme in London--they are in Herrods.

My friends and I looked into opening a franchize in Amsterdam (where you have so many with the munchies), but the company wanted a mere $30M to buy in, and you had to commit to 10 stores (where were an addition $10M per store).

They are not actually crispy, but they do come with creme inside.

They are actually the SECOND greatest donuts in the world. The greatest were made in the winter of 1991 at Angels Bakery in Jerusalem. We waited about 20 minutes for them to come out of the fryer, then the guy took them and shot them with caramel and dumped a ton of confectioners sugar on them. THEY were the best darn donuts I've ever had.

But as I don't live in (or even near) Jerusalem anymore, I am very, very happy with Krispy Kreme. Sadly, they are not on my diet (JonMikal/ClarinetJWD/other DC folks, when we meet up again, can we get Krispy Kremes? Huh? Huh? Can we? Please????)

jocose said:
Great shot...Dupont, right?

Actually, there is a Krispy Kreme in London--they are in Herrods.

My friends and I looked into opening a franchize in Amsterdam (where you have so many with the munchies), but the company wanted a mere $30M to buy in, and you had to commit to 10 stores (where were an addition $10M per store).

They are not actually crispy, but they do come with creme inside.

They are actually the SECOND greatest donuts in the world. The greatest were made in the winter of 1991 at Angels Bakery in Jerusalem. We waited about 20 minutes for them to come out of the fryer, then the guy took them and shot them with caramel and dumped a ton of confectioners sugar on them. THEY were the best darn donuts I've ever had.

But as I don't live in (or even near) Jerusalem anymore, I am very, very happy with Krispy Kreme. Sadly, they are not on my diet (JonMikal/ClarinetJWD/other DC folks, when we meet up again, can we get Krispy Kremes? Huh? Huh? Can we? Please????)

you bring. isn't this one within walking distance of your place?

I've had donuts in america from dunkin' donuts and didn't like them. I think its an outsider thing. If you don't grow up eating them you don't really like them. I like plain british tesco jam donuts, yum.

No, I live way far away, but I can get some and have them on hand when y'all arrive!!

I'm taking orders...I want a creme filled. I'll get some originals. Anything else??

Daniel said:
I've had donuts in america from dunkin' donuts and didn't like them. I think its an outsider thing. If you don't grow up eating them you don't really like them. I like plain british tesco jam donuts, yum.

i'm definitely not a fan of dunkin' donuts!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back