On The Pier - wedding

JonK

I want MORE!!
Reaction score
Website
www.jonkilimnikphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'd love to hear your thoughts on this one.
Things you like. Things you'd do to improve it. what you dislike. anything. :mrgreen:

mikeschey.jpg

Love the nice clean lines of this pic. Even the tilt works for me.

At the side of her face against his jacket, is that a hard shadow, or is it a strand of hair? Either way it gives me the feeling of very hard light.

ShutteredEye said:
Love the nice clean lines of this pic. Even the tilt works for me.

At the side of her face against his jacket, is that a hard shadow, or is it a strand of hair? Either way it gives me the feeling of very hard light.
it's definitely a shadow, but not a hard one...think the compression has brought it out harder than it actually is. I used fill flash on this shot to help pop them from the BG. Also it was a pretty drab day and I needed the extra kick of light to ensure sharpness.

thanks for commenting. :D

I love the strong diagonal lines and the way the material on her dress really pops. Too bad she was looking down like that. I wish she was looking at him or even at the camera. Oh well, it's still a nice pic.:thumbup:

I'm trying to get my head around the tilt...It just makes me feel like I'm going to fall off the pier into the water. It's got a kind of visual tension...I'm not really comfortable looking at it...yet I can't look away.

I'm usually a stickler for a horizontal horizon...and I'm thinking that the rail is a strong enough diagonal that you won't loose the effect if the horizon was level.

Maybe if you tilted even more to the left...and really accentuated the tilt?

Or how about this...could you have tilted the other way, so that the horizon is going down on the right...and still have the rail close to how it looks now? That might give it more of a 'perspective drawing' feel to it.

I love the scene, the way she isn't looking at the camera, the tilt of the photo and the contrast of the dark landscape in the backround.

The only thing I'd change is his suit :blushing:

Big Mike said:
I'm trying to get my head around the tilt...
I'm usually a stickler for a horizontal horizon...

Same here, especailly when there's a body of water involved. Just something psychological for me.

Looks like you were battling some wind too.

I think I would like it more if you hid the groom's right hand and included the bouquet.

All in all, a very nice shot!

Pete

Great shot! I would like to see her looking up or at him though - I love what you did with the angles!

Most reactions

Back