On The Road Again - Little League World Series

Scott WRG Editor

King of Smoothness
Reaction score
Website
www.warbirdsresourcegroup.org
Well I've arrived in Williamsport, PA for the Little League World Series. Got the Sat trucks set up on Thursday and did the first broadcasts yesterday. At the moment the rain, which cancelled one game yesterday, looks like it doesn't want to quit. This place is amazing and I can't believe that the two stadiums, and two regular baseball diamonds are only used 14 days a year for this event. The rest of the year only the museum is open.

If the rain clears I will take some pictures and try to get them posted today or tommorrow. There's lots of oppurtunity for interesting pics here if it would only stop raining :)

Well I've going to set up my DVD player and watch Kelly's Heroes since I have a 8am set time and a 7pm air time, yup, thats right. I'm all set up and have only to hit three buttons to start broadcasting and I'm required to be here 11 hours early... just in case... :shock: In cas of what? Alien Invasion? Oh well, I get paid either way and this way I just watch DVD's and work on my web site for 11 hours.

On a different subject the craft services is excellent and the women working the tables are pretty hot. In addition the stadium consession stands feed the TV crew whenever, you sign your name and tell them what you want and its free. As If I wasn't a tubby bastard before, I'm gaining weight just thinking about it.

Now for the irony, I'm single and I get the honeymoon suite at the local hotel, complete with heart shaped jacquzzi in the middle of the room. I'll have to find where the loose women hang out :wink: and work my mojo :roll:

You guys have fun and I'll be around for as long as the production truck doesn't realized I tapped into its internet connection. 8)

AIRIC said:
Hey Scott,

Have fun and I don't want to see any photos of you working your mojo :lol: :lol:

Eric

Hell I don't even want to see that...

I just worked out the overtime for this two week trip, I should do about 60+ hours of OT which tranlates to $1,300 after taxes... 10D here I come :twisted:

My Truck for the LLWS

truck.jpg

Scott WRG Editor said:
AIRIC said:
Hey Scott,

Have fun and I don't want to see any photos of you working your mojo :lol: :lol:

Eric

Hell I don't even want to see that...

I just worked out the overtime for this two week trip, I should do about 60+ hours of OT which tranlates to $1,300 after taxes... 10D here I come :twisted:

Save $200 more and get the 20D instead :)

That a damn big SUV :wink:; I would like go one day to the LLWS, have you had change to see any of the games

Hey! We have something in common :) I used to work for a local TV and I'm going to work there in a few years after my studies. Actually, my Dad works there. And he has to be really earlier... something like you :)

Jeff Canes said:
That a damn big SUV :wink:; I would like go one day to the LLWS, have you had change to see any of the games

Not live, though they are 100 feet away. I have to sit in the truck during broadcasts, but I get to watch them as they are being fed to ESPN via satellite. These little guys are talented. I think Constantino from New England is the best sport I've seen to date. He's a pitcher and when a hitter knock a home run out of the park he walked over to the third base line and high fived him as the hitter ran past. Now thats sportsmanship.

All in all its been a pretty good time and the food is free.

Currently (9:59am est) I am on the air with New England vs. West, should be an entertaining game.

Sounds like you're having entirely too much fun! :wink:

Now, that's a great story. This sounds like one of those gigs that is kinda boring but kinda terrific at the same time. You're getting paid good money and you get to really pay attention to the little guys. :D

Let's see some more pics!!

terri said:
Now, that's a great story. This sounds like one of those gigs that is kinda boring but kinda terrific at the same time. You're getting paid good money and you get to really pay attention to the little guys. :D

Let's see some more pics!!

Yeah it has been boring and fun and times. The only bad part is I'm stuck on a old laptop that can barely handle small pictures much less big ones. Also, during the broadcasts I have to remain in the truck so thier are little oppurtunity to take pics. On the good side another uplink tech arrived this morning on his way to another event. He's going to hang with us for a day or two and I should be able to wander around DURING the games and get some pics. Keep you fingers crossed.

My one hope is that Texas doesn't make it to the final, no offense to Texas but if they do odds are the Prez will stop in and the SS can be a little intense and annoying.

I have a bunch of film pics but those will have to wait until I get home to be developed. I'll see what I can do with the other technicians digital camera.

mentos_007 said:
Hey! We have something in common :) I used to work for a local TV and I'm going to work there in a few years after my studies. Actually, my Dad works there. And he has to be really earlier... something like you :)

Heh, I missed this post earlier and just now saw it, right as the game started for Canada vs. Poland.

It's cool you work in TV as well, what do you do? I'm a satellite uplink tecnician and occasionally do editing and camera work and VERY rarely I direct.

Most reactions

Back