Once upon a June.....

JustJazzie

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I love sitting around looking into my archives, so I thought this might be fun. Go into your archives and find your favorite photo from a last june!
$11308827113_efe7c602d3_c.jpg

Interesting theme.

Last year, I was at a vintage airshow:

$Bike and balloon 3.jpg

$Worried.jpg

It was also the summer of the infamous Maine Yellow Filter Incident. I was on vacation and shooting mostly black and white and so had a yellow filter on the lens. Then I found a rare roll of Kodak 100 film in a little shop so I loaded it up and started shooting, but forgot that I still had the yellow filter on. I was shooting a rangefinder (the Zorki) so I couldn't even tell through the lens. Shot the whole damn roll that way and it came out terrible. Shame, because there were some shots I really liked that relied heavily on color. Alas, at least some of them converted to B&W well enough:

$2002 b&w.jpg

$Boat B&W.jpg

$Fishing b&w.jpg

$Pier 77 The Ramp b&w.jpg

DSC04435_zps5f6bedba.jpg

My god what a difference a year makes... eek. It hurt my eyes to go back through some of that stuff.

I love all these! Keep 'em coming!

June I usually chill out in NJ. A couple yrs ago I went down to visit a friend in Islamorada. Seas were calm so we took his boat over to Bimini, a small island in the Bahamas and the first landfall, about 64 miles away. Here's my buddy with a Mahi we caught on the way over.
mahi_zps28c5c86b.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

This guy is a local miscreant who sells pot and fresh conch. I can't quite recall which one we purchased.
dealer_zps83a3dad0.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
The weather can turn in a hurry in this part of the world. This boy came from the yacht anchored on the left horizon. In a hurry to get something they needed to ride out the impending storm. We rode it out above the restaurant where we brought our fish in return for giving the owner the rest of it and $10 each for two rooms.
boybeach_zpsd925f18b.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

June 22 2013

Super Moon. DSC_0002 by DarkShadow191145, on Flickr

June 8th 2013.

Wow, I think I shot the same moon! Mine's a little soft. Handheld. I don't know much about the heavens, but it looks like it's a slightly different view. Different location or different time perhaps?
moonclose2_zpsbe0adab1.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Most reactions

New Topics

Back