Other pictures I could have sent to the fair...

Discussion in 'People Photography' started by padrepaul77, Aug 19, 2009.

1. padrepaul77

padrepaul77 TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Here are some other options I could have used that are probably a little better than the guy taking a nap...any thoughts? Two are of the fair; two are from Two Harbors, MN. I think the better one is my sister looking out into the lake. Any suggestions on how to make these better?
    -Paul

Attached Files:

2. PhotoXopher

PhotoXopher TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    4th one is definitely the best (this was your winner). The only problem I see is that it's centered, I think using the lower third as your horizon line would have helped a little.

1. Nothing of interest in the photo really, what is the subject?
    2. Not bad, I like the longer exposure on it.
    3. Subject is blurry and the sky/water seem a bit washed out.

3. padrepaul77

padrepaul77 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Hmm, the fourth one with the boat you mean? Yeah, that is nice...I think I just wanted the people on the pier and the boat going by. It was Indian Summer; the last warm day of the year and Two Harbors is a place many people vacation to in this state. My mom, who has an artistic mind and is quite a good painter, seemed to like the one with my sister looking out to the lake.

I actually had people vote on the pictures; there are some others I'll probably include in another thread too. I am auctioning off the fourth one as part of a charity fundraiser - hopefully someone will want it.

Thanks for the tips - I'm just am amateur guy who likes to find interesting subjects. For "people photography", please come to the Minnesota State Fair. It is an oasis of great shots.

4. c.cloudwalker

c.cloudwalker TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I agree with NOYZE that 4 is your best. But the centeredness of it does not bother me. Changing it would mean too much sky or too much water imo.

I like 3 just the way it is. The fact that it is OOF gives it a weird look that makes it interesting. If it was in focus, I don't thing it would be quite as interesting. But I can't imagine too many people liking it.

1 and 2 don't do any more for me than the one that was rejected.

Keep shooting and showing. It is the only way to learn.