Out of control with aperture 1.8 !

haha, wean yourself off the 1.8. Amazing. I remember the feeling though. And you'll find that many situations will require different apertures, or simply won't allow for f1.8. If you are shooting on a bright sunny day, unless you have some ND filters, you probably wont be able to get f1.8. Its just too much light, even for 1/8000th of a second shutter speeds. f1.8 is probably a little soft, most lenses are a little soft at their fastest speed. f2.5 is probably real sharp though.

try taking pictures of scenes which include more than one subject which are of different distances to the camera. this will force u to "flatten" out the image by using a larger f-stop.
for example, architecture photography and street scenes.
go walk around a town/city and do it up.

I'm with the landscapes camp. Shooting landscapes will put you on the other end of the aperture spectrum where bokeh is a bad thing. It will help you understanding of everything else in between a little I think.

I've been really looking at this lens, it seems to be the standard for low-light action like on stage band photography. Exactly how far away can you get and still have a good picture with this lens?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back