Painter's Bench

anthrope

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
So this is my first post to TPF. I'm not sure whether or not it's frowned upon to post pictures in both the Critique gallery and the Photo gallery, but I figured since I'm new you'll let me go once.

Like I said in the other gallery, everything I know about photography so far has been learned through trial-and-error, so I'd really appreciate any advice and/ or criticism I can get. I'll probably be doing most of my posting in this gallery since my goal in joining TPF is to improve my photography, not stroke my ego. In that vain, please be as honest and blunt as possible when evaluating my photos, as I really know very little about taking pictures and even less about editing them (although something more constructive than 'that one sucks' would certainly be appreciated). Thanks!

This picture is of a painter's bench on Ile de Goree, Senegal. I was trying to capture the sense of color and creativity that I got, and the idea of art and beauty coming out of chaos.

Title: Painter's Bench
Camera: Canon A80
Shutter Speed: 1/160
F/Stop: 6.3
Editing: none

OTE, of course

0014.jpg

It's not frowned upon per se but we prefer it if people don't do duplicate posts across the Board as it could be construed as spamming. That behaviour tends to attract the attentions of the Admins. But as you did it innocently you should avoid the thunderbolts ;-)

I understand what you are trying to do there but there isn't much Art & Beauty and not much Chaos. The problem is that there isn't a central focus for the image - there is no sense of anything emerging. Likewise, there is no real sense of chaos because there is too much stuff included around the image - wall, steps...
With things like this it is usualy better to get in closer and concentrate on the paint spatters - treat it like an abstract painting. Then the chaotic jumble of paint can reveal it's own inner beuaty as an abstract pattern.
Personaly I would have looked at the runs of paint on the floor. I think there was some mileage there.
But I'm sure that others will come along with different views.
Nothing much wrong with it technically, though.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back