Panazonic Lumix?

jeljohns

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Anyone had any experience (good or bad) with the Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ28K?

I have the lumix fz18. Not quite sure how they compare but my only real complaints with it are that it has very poor low light abilities. I have to have EVERY light in the house practically on to get anything usable. The menu's tend to be a bit finicky but once you know them it's not too bad though I would have been better off to have read the manual for this one right from the start Other than that I have no major complaints.

I have the fz50 and it's a very good camera for what it is (not a DSLR). I've used it for almost 2 years and have gotten some great shots out of it. That said, I'm looking to upgrade when I can to something more professional and flexible (lenses, etc), but I have been pleased with the images I've gotten from it. I haven't posted any on here lately, but I have some (some portraits of the kids and some snapshots) in my blog if you want to see what sort of shots it takes.

I have the FZ28s. Same camera, just silver instead of black like the K model. I've really had alot of fun with my FZ28. I bought a Raynox 250 lens for super macro shots which has been a ton of fun. The camera has an awesome 18x zoom which still takes great shots at full telephoto. I've used a couple different DSLR cameras and I have to say that the FZ28 takes the best shots you're gonna see without buying an expensive DSLR. Even then, the shots may be comparable.

HOWEVER:....the FZ28 does need enough light to get a good shot. You can use some manual settings to make things better, but in my experience with DSLR and compact cameras, the FZ28 boosts the heck out of ISO to get more light and really lowers the shutter speed to take in more light. Obviously, a slow shutter speed inside isn't a great idea for a handheld shot of moving kids or whatever you're taking a photo of. I've taken some great low light tripod shots with the Fz28 which came out what I thought to be fantastic. Solution around this? Use the flash inside, right? The default flash will blow the heck out of just about anything. I typically decrease the flash power a bit to take shots inside, based on distance from subject of course.

One thing I HIGHLY recommend with the FZ28 is to make some sort of flash bouncer. I haven't found anything that you can buy that's specifically made for it, but just about any bouncer is good to buy and you can modify it to what you need if you have some basic modification abilities. You can also build a full size diffuser out of a box, some tin foil, and some sheets white, thin, flexible cutting board, milk jugs, tissue paper, etc. Be creative. I made about 5 diffusers of different thickness and shape to different effects. Very effective. My FZ28 with my diffusers that I've made have made for a great combination and for a great camera.

While I'm always in the market for a good DSLR, I just haven't quite found the price to product ratio that I'm looking for and haven't found anything yet that can beat what I'm using already.

My page is on flickr at http://www.flickr.com/photos/ub3rn00ber

Not all are taken using my preferred technique. Sometimes it just isn't practical to carry diffusers around to Chuck E. Cheese...hehe

I have the FZ28s. Same camera, just silver instead of black like the K model. I've really had alot of fun with my FZ28. I bought a Raynox 250 lens for super macro shots which has been a ton of fun. The camera has an awesome 18x zoom which still takes great shots at full telephoto. I've used a couple different DSLR cameras and I have to say that the FZ28 takes the best shots you're gonna see without buying an expensive DSLR. Even then, the shots may be comparable.

HOWEVER:....the FZ28 does need enough light to get a good shot. You can use some manual settings to make things better, but in my experience with DSLR and compact cameras, the FZ28 boosts the heck out of ISO to get more light and really lowers the shutter speed to take in more light. Obviously, a slow shutter speed inside isn't a great idea for a handheld shot of moving kids or whatever you're taking a photo of. I've taken some great low light tripod shots with the Fz28 which came out what I thought to be fantastic. Solution around this? Use the flash inside, right? The default flash will blow the heck out of just about anything. I typically decrease the flash power a bit to take shots inside, based on distance from subject of course.

One thing I HIGHLY recommend with the FZ28 is to make some sort of flash bouncer. I haven't found anything that you can buy that's specifically made for it, but just about any bouncer is good to buy and you can modify it to what you need if you have some basic modification abilities. You can also build a full size diffuser out of a box, some tin foil, and some sheets white, thin, flexible cutting board, milk jugs, tissue paper, etc. Be creative. I made about 5 diffusers of different thickness and shape to different effects. Very effective. My FZ28 with my diffusers that I've made have made for a great combination and for a great camera.

While I'm always in the market for a good DSLR, I just haven't quite found the price to product ratio that I'm looking for and haven't found anything yet that can beat what I'm using already.

My page is on flickr at Flickr: Ub3rn00ber's Photostream

Not all are taken using my preferred technique. Sometimes it just isn't practical to carry diffusers around to Chuck E. Cheese...hehe

Dear Ub3rn00ber,

I have just own a FZ28 , can you take some pic of diffusers you made ? Thanks I am very interest of this .:meh:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back