Pastel flower

GrfxGuru

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.grfxmedia.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Originally I wanted to capture the vibrany color but after playing around a little I found that I actually thought it was more interesting by holding back the colors. I still cannot get the hang of the canon 500d close up, this is taken on the 70-200 at f22 and still not as sharp in depth as I wanted.

pastel_flower.jpg

Thanks for looking,

Regards,
Peter Witham

Yes, the subdued colours give this photo a certain something ... though I am curious now to see the full colours...

And I find that as soon as I use my Sigma 70-300 in the macro setting (between 200 and 300mm) DOF becomes MUCH smaller than in the normal settings (the more knowledgeable photogs will roll their eyes now and go 'Well, that's NORMAL, isn't it?' because they know all the science behind it which I don't at all), so even with an all stopped down aperture I don't get the DOF I secretly hope for.

Someone might be there to explain to us why this is so and why a really deep DOF cannot be expected of any lens in the macro mode? (Please do so in the wording that would befit a children's reader, anything else will probably be beyond me ;)!)

I will find the 'non processed' and put it up for comparison, thx for DOF notes. It begs me to wonder if I can use the closeup filter/lens and get a DOF that is more than 1inch, I'd hate to have to shoot straight on just to get the depth, or shoot from further away and crop thus reducing overall picture size.

Regards,
Peter Witham

wow thats a big change in the pics...you have PS...what changes did you make on there if you dont mind me asking??

OOO now you are testing my memory :)

It was actually done with Lightroom, I'll check and see if the history is still there and report back. But off of the top of my head I know I messed with the following

crop
lowered saturation overall
altered the curve to raise the upper and lower tones
I think I also targeted the yellow&orange for a seperate saturation drop
pretty sure I cooled the white balance off a little
brightened the shadows and may of raised the mid tones slightly

I'll check and get back to ya. If it's there I believe I can export the changes as a preset, and if so I'd be happy to share.

Regards,
Peter Witham

Here's the changes made to the image in Lightroom, the great thing about Lightroom is the history it keeps, the bad thing is the history it keeps...you can see I changed my mind a few times on some settings, hope this helps.

pastel_flower_settings.gif

bottom up is the direction, I started with a preset.

Regards,
Peter Witham

Most reactions

New Topics

Back