Peacock

Discussion in 'Critique Forum Archives' started by suemack, Aug 1, 2004.

1. suemack

suemack TPF Noob!

Took this pic of a juvenile peacock at a local farm park today. He was busy displaying to everything (ducks, chickens, sheep, dog and an old boot) .....but ignored the peahens :lol:

Had problems getting a clear focused pic of him though ....couldn't get the dof quite right for the shape of the bird, and low light meant slow shutter speed. Didn't think to alter the ISO till I was my way home......I keep forgeting that you can do that with the Canon and not get too much noise.

f7.1, ISO 100, 1/80 (poor light) 230mm (90-300mmUSM lens) hand held
    [​IMG]

2. mentos_007

mentos_007 The Freshmaker!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    very nice dof and colors... especially contrasting blue. and I think that the head of the bird is not in focus... Parts of its tail yes, but not the head

3. mavrik

mavrik TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    1/80 is fine for handheld if you're steady, but f7.1 is too shallow unless there's an effect you're going for. No matter what, the eye of any kind of portrait should be what's in focus. Maybe f12 and an ISO bump would have helped.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v448/mantonino/peacock.jpg This is my attempt. :)

4. suemack

suemack TPF Noob!

That's lovely Mavrik.....aren't they the most amazing looking birds! Thought if the weather was fine would go out and try and get some more pics on the wkend.

sue