Peeping...

Discussion in 'Critique Forum Archives' started by Eyecatcher, Jul 5, 2005.

1. Eyecatcher

Eyecatcher TPF Noob!

I'm having second thoughts with this picture. I'm intruiged by it (it does tell a story somehow) but on the other hand I'm not quite sure...

Let me know what you think about it? do you feel the subject is really too small or does this really add to the photo?

Thanks

Peter

[​IMG]

2. ajmall

ajmall TPF Noob!

firstly i would lose the grey border. either use a thin black one or none at all.

it's certainly an intriguing shot but i think it may have worked better with a bigger scale - more of the building in the shot so the head looks even smaller. I think that would make a stong contrast.

3. thebeginning

thebeginning TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    definitely lose the border. it kills the shot. i agree with more building, but that isnt really helping you with this shot, just in the future. as for this shot. it's wonderful. great timing, exposure, and composition. the overall 'simpleness' of it is great. nice job!

4. Eyecatcher

Eyecatcher TPF Noob!

The grey border is just a "part" of my site. It's not a part of the photo itself.
    I didn't do any cropping so I can't add more building to it. Personally I do not think the adding of more building would have given the same feeling as you now can see a bit the boy's frustration of not being able to properly look down.

Thanks already for the comments. Eager to heart more.

Peter

5. ThatCameraThingy

ThatCameraThingy TPF Noob!

Good shot ,

it deffinatly tells a story

Nicely spotted.

Hanno

6. LaFoto

LaFoto Just Corinna in real life Staff Member Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    It does tell a story.
    In my attempt to look past the border, I see this wind-blown curtain first, only then do I see the face with the deepest frown I've ever seen. Yes, this child looks frustrated, though it could be for more than just one reason, it need not be because he cannot look down. He may also be seeing someone off and he may be unhappy that someone is leaving him - at the same time, though, this blowing curtain seems to be catching MY attention even more... did you mean this to happen?