Pentax mz50/60

Discussion in 'Photography Equipment & Products' started by chris230, Mar 3, 2007.

1. chris230

chris230 TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Hi, Im looking to buy my first SLR camera, and im on a tight budget. I tried out a pentax mz-50 at my local photo centre and liked it so I looked it up on ebay, I found that I can actually get the MZ-60 for roughly the same price. I've spent the past half hour trying to find out the difference between the two models with no luck. Does anyone own or have any opinions on either model or even better, does anyone know the difference. Thanks in advance.

Chris

2. Don Simon

Don Simon TPF Noob!

I refer as usual to Bojidar Dimitrov's site... and discover that the MZ-60 is very limited when it comes to using manual focus lenses. The MZ-50 would seem a much better choice. Even better go for an MZ-3, MZ-5 or MZ-7, or if you're ok with manual focus then one of the older K or M-series manual focus. All of those will give you full functionality with any Pentax K-mount lens, manual or auto focus. The MZ-50 won't let you use certain manual focus lenses, the MZ-60 won't let you use any. This could be important since buying manual focus lenses is a good way to save money.