Pentax set up found in an attic.

ORourkeK

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So my buddy and I were helping his parents move some stuff out of their attic. We came across this Pentax camera with two lenses and a bunch of filters. Does anyone know much about them? I haven't looked any info up yet. I wanted to post them on here first. I will look into it and post info on here if no one has replied yet. Sorry for the bad images, they were taken with my galaxy note 10.1.

$20140630_221157.jpg

$20140630_221211.jpg

$20140630_221047.jpg

$20140630_221223.jpg

$20140630_220954.jpg

Attachments

• $20140630_221122.jpg
    $20140630_221122.jpg
    961.3 KB · Views: 258
WELCOME TO THE MID-1980's dude!!!! So, very,very eighties!!!! My ex-wife, then GF, had the same basic setup! NOT a lot of value on this kinda stuff these days, but still, probably okay for shootin' some film!!!!

That's pretty cool. Maybe I will find someone interested in film to give these to. Thanks for the info.

We just sold a P-Plus Pentax at work with a 50mm for $85. I used to use the Super Program back in the late 80's....still a nice little film shooter.

Nice filter set too..................:hail:

I did a rough estimate of its value and I think it is worth around $100. I will most likely end up giving it away to someone interested in film. I want to do a little more research before I decide to do anything.

I did a rough estimate of its value and I think it is worth around $100. I will most likely end up giving it away to someone interested in film. I want to do a little more research before I decide to do anything.
IF the camera is still light-tight, shutter speeds function as they should, and the lenses are clean, fungus-free and the apertures are free and responsive.

Yep. I don't know much about film cameras so I will have it looked at by someone who does before I make any decisions. I have fallen in love with photography and it would make me very happy to be able to give this away to a good home, but I wouldn't want to send something that doesn't work properly. I have been having a tough time finding anyone around me that knows anything about it. The only places that sell cameras around me are big stores like Best Buy. The closest actual photo shop is over an hour away. Maybe I could send it to someone on here that knows there stuff to take a look at it, and if they deem it as a workable camera, we can set up a thread to give it away.

I'd think at least someone would be interested in the lenses. You could try removing the caps and looking thru the lenses and see how they look; did you try focusing with each lens and seeing how it looks thru the viewfinder? do they feel like they focus smoothly?

With the back of the camera open, you could try releasing the shutter button and advancing the lever - see if the spools are turning so that it would advance film. If you try different shutter speed settings listen for shorter sounds for faster speeds and longer sounds for slower speeds - won't tell you if it's accurate but at least that it's changing speeds.

Might be better to run a roll of film thru it but sometimes cameras are offered as working but not film tested and priced or listed accordingly.

Of course there's lots of us film guys here that would be happy to give that little wonder a good home!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back