Photo Assignment #11 SUNSETS OR SUNRISES Due April 26th

First post here. :D This was taken yesterday in Ottawa, Ontario Canada.

2432170058_fd2ea759d5_b.jpg

^^^ Hi Redmare, and welcome to TPF. I see one picture, followed by two red 'x's.

(And I used to live in Ottawa...where were the pics taken?)

^^^ Hi Redmare, and welcome to TPF. I see one picture, followed by two red 'x's.

(And I used to live in Ottawa...where were the pics taken?)

Oops! Yeah they were error links but I thought I fixed those. Shouldn't be anymore red 'X's. That was actually taken on a hill right near Hog's Back Falls. It was very nice weather in Ottawa to be taking photographs. :D

Beautiful photo Redmare! And welcome to TPF!

Anty, I love the sun in your photo. How did you get the photo to not have the suns rays?

I took the picture through my window, so perhaps there's a UV coating or something that blocks them? The lake is behind the electrical towers...so in the background you can see the pinky-orange reflection of the sun on the water.

I really like it.. It isn't often that you see the sun captured like that. Well done! Oh and big fan of the colors!

The sunrises are really spectacular when the sun is low on the horizon. There's no post-processing on that shot other than 'auto levels'. I just wish there was something more scenic in the foreground. [Sometimes when it rises in a slightly different location I can get one of the ferries crossing in the foreground. But I'm not always up early enough to catch the sunrise :greenpbl: )

Wow I love the first pic with that tree! Silhouetted trees against a sunset/sunrise are gorgeous!

That is actually the second oldest Burr Oak tree in the country. It is huge and would probably take at least 5 men to reach around it.

That is actually the second oldest Burr Oak tree in the country. It is huge and would probably take at least 5 men to reach around it.

Second oldest in the country?!?! I'm sure there are many Bur Oak trees in the US so that's pretty amazing. I've never seen one in real life. I'm sure there are a few here in Canada but I think they're more towards the mid-west.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back